300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoes

I have to say WOW on my most recent shoe purchase! The shoes that I wore before this latest purchase were the Reebok Zigteks. I thought they looked cool and would be a good running shoe for myself, man was I wrong!

I ended up doing some research on what type of shoe I should be wearing. I currently stand 5'11" and weigh 238lbs. I'm not in shape, so I needed to start running again. Nike has a program online that helps you pick shoes so I used that. I did some at home arch tests and looked over an older pair of running shoes to determine where the most wear and tear was on the shoe.

Long story short, I found a pair of New Balances, the 587's. Holy crap, I never thought something could be so comfortable! I'm a little heavier and this shoe provides such great cushioning and support. I no longer get chin splints or sore legs when I run. I think I found close to 500 reviews online about this shoe and most were 4 out 5 stars.

They look stupid, kind of like a skateboard shoe, but they work like a charm.

I apologize if I'm not allowed to post in here, I'm not a LEO. I just wanted to share my experience in case anyone was having similiar pain and trouble finding something that works. Thanks, be safe!

Originally posted by H00PDIE View Post
    Long story short, I found a pair of New Balances, the 587's. Holy crap, I never thought something could be so comfortable! I'm a little heavier and this shoe provides such great cushioning and support. I no longer get chin splints or sore legs when I run. I think I found close to 500 reviews online about this shoe and most were 4 out 5 stars.

!
    Man, if you are getting CHIN splints, you probably need to catch yourself on your hands if you fall! LOL!
    www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Originally posted by brownj21 View Post
      Man, if you are getting CHIN splints, you probably need to catch yourself on your hands if you fall! LOL!
      lol. Yea, if you're getting CHIN splints, you're doing something wrong....

Sorry, couldn't resist that either.

Originally posted by H00PDIE View Post
      I have to say WOW on my most recent shoe purchase! The shoes that I wore before this latest purchase were the Reebok Zigteks. I thought they looked cool and would be a good running shoe for myself, man was I wrong!

I ended up doing some research on what type of shoe I should be wearing. I currently stand 5'11" and weigh 238lbs. I'm not in shape, so I needed to start running again. Nike has a program online that helps you pick shoes so I used that. I did some at home arch tests and looked over an older pair of running shoes to determine where the most wear and tear was on the shoe.

They look stupid, kind of like a skateboard shoe, but they work like a charm.

I apologize if I'm not allowed to post in here, I'm not a LEO. I just wanted to share my experience in case anyone was having similiar pain and trouble finding something that works. Thanks, be safe!
      Long story short, cool gimmicks don't make good running shoes.

This is exactly why people need to go to an actual running shop and get properly fit tested for a pair of running shoes. Any reputable store will put you through a series of tests, let you try several pair of the type you need, and observe you're gait and stride in them.

The NB 587 is definitely a solid motion control shoe. Its also one of the heavier MC shoes out there (although MC shoes are all on the heavy side.) The Brooks Beast runs about 1 ounce lighter (on average) but costs about $30-$40 more. Saucony builds the Stabil which runs between 2 to 3 ounces lighter and runs about what the 587's cost (about $5-$10 more). The 587 is probably one of the most economical motion control shoes out there.
      Originally posted by kontemplerande
      Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Anyone know of some good articles that talk about how to find the right pair of shoes, especially for the type of workout you are doing?
        Live with honor, and let not your death be born by the pallbearers of disgrace, cruelty, weakness, and fear.

Comment

HAHAHa. Yeah my CHIN is pretty F'd up haha . idiot! SHIN

Comment

Originally posted by rwandrie View Post
            Anyone know of some good articles that talk about how to find the right pair of shoes, especially for the type of workout you are doing?
            Are you looking for shoes for a specific type of cross-training activity or for running specific shoes?
            Originally posted by kontemplerande
            Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12226 users online. 429 members and 11797 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X