Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rip 60

Hi there,
    I know that this is gizmo of the month, but has anyone used this?? Or even heard of this?? I got an email with a discount coupon for this last night, and just googled it today. Looks like a more structured TRX (rippoff with celeb dvds??)Opinions??
    "Well, I never had an invisible friend when I was young, but I'm sure that if I did, it would be Constable Smiley."

Hmmmmmmmmmm anyone anyone......Mr Brink any word on this?? Its late and Im full of caffeine, thus to me right now Jillian Micheals is really hot
    "Well, I never had an invisible friend when I was young, but I'm sure that if I did, it would be Constable Smiley."

Comment

It claims to be better than p90x. Interesting. Ive never used yet, let alone heard of it. So from just peeking at the infomercial Id have to say it is just another tool to add to your arsenal. Definitely not a necessity. Its a different beast than p90x altogether. Seems like its marketing the equipment rather than the workout itself. P90x is more of a workout rather than a piece of equipment. Like any other piece of equipment its either crap or its what you make of it. Sorry I couldnt be of more help.
      Dispatch: "All units be advised, he's on foot in a red dodge pick up truck."
      Me: "Ummm, control..."

Comment

Good point, its not a bad price right now, I've just finished Insanity and need something new for at home on days off. So I'll see what a hit the credit card can take. I am glad though that GSP is not a presenter of it bar for it seems one freebie disc, his French Canadian accent kills me to listen to!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eastside View Post
          ...So I'll see what a hit the credit card can take...
          You can accomplish the same thing with a carabiner (~$5), a 15 foot chunk of 3/8" rope (~$3) and two radiased 1" OD PVC 90 degree elbows (~$4). Loop the rope through the carabiner, attach the carabiner to something sturdy, tie handles with Prussik knots with the PVC in the loop. The Prussik knots form the handle loops and make it easily adjustable but support under tension (changing the height of the handles by changing the size of the loops. Prussik knots slide easily while not under tension but clamp down when under tension). Bottom line: You can DIY a similar and equally effective system for ~$12, much less if you have a bar to loop the rope over and don't need the carabiner, such as a pull-up bar.

The links are included for reference. I bought the rope and the conduit at my local hardware store. I already had a carabiner.
          Last edited by hopperja; 02-07-2011, 01:05 AM.

Comment

My wife is interested in this after seeing the infomercial.
            I did some googling and this is what I can come up with.
            1) It has a structured workout based on the dvds that is set up for a 60 day program ,also comes with nutritional guide. This program includes a recovery week, much like p90x.
            2) It comes with the straps and such, which are different than the TRX because of the rotational suspension (the "sawing" motion) however, it can be locked into place so that movement doesnt occur.

Anyways, based on the retail price for the TRX alone, I would say that this is a better value because it comes with programming and such (dvds) and costs less than the TRX.

Who knows, I might pick it up for the wife in the hopes that she will use it.
            Last edited by brownj21; 03-27-2011, 10:09 AM.
            www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Originally posted by Eastside View Post
              Hmmmmmmmmmm anyone anyone......Mr Brink any word on this?? Its late and Im full of caffeine, thus to me right now Jillian Micheals is really hot
              Have not looked into it. If it involves Jillian Micheals, it would be low on my list. As hot as she is, she's at best a mediocre trainer and weirdo in my view. If it supplies the structure, etc you need to get it done, then probably OK. I think developing a decent, efficient, effective program is not rocket science. For example:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...ension+trainer

Also depends on goals, experience levels, $$$, etc.
              - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Just as an update, I ordered this for the wife, but will probably experiment with it or do the program myself at some point. I will report back with my thoughts on it.
                www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Initial thoughts and some comparisons...
                  www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10643 users online. 415 members and 10228 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X