Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Five O, this is what you do: get your Mp3 player, rip some Megadeth, Slayer and Metallica, put headphones on, and start running. Seriously, Megadeth helped me lots.

What I did first was run slow, every other day, 10 minutes at a time. You can do either morning or evening, it depends on how your body feels. Always remember that it will pay off in a few months, not instantly. For me, I prepared myself to see good results in a year, so I did And good luck

Comment

Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
      Missed this when you initially posted, but congrats on your achievement.

I have never seen anyone mention it on this site but excess weight is a huge factor in your run time. There is a non scientific formula which states you lose ~2seconds for every excess pound of weight a mile. So if you are 10 pounds overweight you will lose 30 seconds on your 1.5 mile.

So... if you were around 195pounds you would be right around syphon's time without changing anything to your routine; this is simply by losing the weight. It is pretty much like the same concept as pullups. When you see the skinny 140 guy knocking out 20 pullups like it is nothing. I am more impressed with the 220 pound guy knocking out 15 than the bag of bones going all day on the pull up bar!
      I can lose more weight, there is no doubt to that. However, I think realistically, I can only stand to lose another 15-20 lbs and be at a Safe weight. I think if I lost anymore, I'd be digging into losing muscle mass.

Grey, in your opinion, do you think that there are defined "genetic Body types"? For example, I don't think that I would be healthy at 195 lbs. I would seriously have to starve myself to the point of exhaustion and dehydration. I beleive that most things are possible, physically, but is it "safe"? My father and his father were both 6'6 but overweight. I'm 6'2 ish, with a few extra pounds but fit with decent cardiovascular. I don't think it's safe, health wise, for me to drop to 195. But, I could be wrong. I eat VERY healthy, I understand how metabolisim works and I follow the calories in and calories out basis for losing weight. I just don't think my genetic body type lends it's self to being "thin". Do that make any sense?
      "Character is someone you are when no one is watching."

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus259
        Just did another POWER test today. I really am almost there. Today I beat my record of 10:25, for 10:10. I'm smidgin it down, lmao
        Well, done! I love that feeling!
        "Character is someone you are when no one is watching."

Comment

Exodus259:

Very good, 10:00 and less on my dept gets you max points on the PT test. Keep it up.

Comment

^^^

Don't think they don't notice who flys in and those who just make it
            MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Grey, in your opinion, do you think that there are defined "genetic Body types"? For example, I don't think that I would be healthy at 195 lbs. I would seriously have to starve myself to the point of exhaustion and dehydration. I beleive that most things are possible, physically, but is it "safe"? My father and his father were both 6'6 but overweight. I'm 6'2 ish, with a few extra pounds but fit with decent cardiovascular. I don't think it's safe, health wise, for me to drop to 195. But, I could be wrong. I eat VERY healthy, I understand how metabolisim works and I follow the calories in and calories out basis for losing weight. I just don't think my genetic body type lends it's self to being "thin". Do that make any sense?

If I was 192 they would call the Dr. and assume I have aids. Some body types are not meant for the standard chart. I have always gone by my body fat % I'm too old to be worried about what some chart says on how much I should weigh for my height.
              MDRDEP:

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that brother. I have seen it benefit some and I guess in your case not so much.
                MDRDEP:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13597 users online. 448 members and 13149 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X