300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sit-ups...

So I got a 285 on my last APFT and the next is in about two months. I want to score over a 300... now I know what to do to get better at push-ups and running but I'm confused when it comes to sit-ups, even though it's my best event. I did 88 in two minutes which brings to my question... how do I do more? I don't think it's a matter of abdominal strength at this point... I maintain basically the same pace the whole time and am not tired at the end... so it's more a fact of speed I guess? Hip flexors?

I don't know, just wondering if anyone has had this same question before themselves and knows something good. Even though my number is over the max right now I can still score additional points on the extended scale by doing more... so ideas?

Columbus

Lay flat on your back and raise your legs about two feet off the floor. Hold that for a few seconds, then lower a inch or two. Keep doing that and hold each position as long as you can.

Sit ups are bad for you any way.

Running helps me. My stomach is usually burning after running for PT at the academy.

Comment

Lay flat on your back and raise your legs about two feet off the floor. Hold that for a few seconds, then lower a inch or two. Keep doing that and hold each position as long as you can.

Sit ups are bad for you any way.

Running helps me. My stomach is usually burning after running for PT at the academy.

Comment

I used to despise the APFT. As a tall guy, it's simply not possible to go any faster while doing situps. If I tried to go any faster than I was I would start to "gallop" and my butt would bounce of the ground and I'd lose reps over it. Basically all you can do is continue with what you're doing. I was to the point where I was throwing myself back to the ground and practically bouncing back up. Don't waste time coming up too far either. It's a game you have to play with your grader. Elbows to knees and shoulderblades to the ground. We had a little 5'6 guy in my unit who could do 96+ in two minutes. It was crazy to watch him cause he just bounced back and forth. Good luck...
        I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
        - Mark Twain

Comment

^^^^^
          +1

Being tall does suck with sit ups. I have a friend same size ( 5.7) he is sick with the amount of sit up's he can do in a minute.
          MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyDiver View Post
            Don't waste time coming up too far either. It's a game you have to play with your grader. Elbows to knees and shoulderblades to the ground.
            +1.
            Here's the standard straight from FM 21-20:

Originally posted by FM 21-20
            ON THE COMMAND "GO", BEGIN RAISING YOUR UPPER BODY FORWARD TO, OR BEYOND, THE VERTICAL POSITION. THE VERTICAL POSITION MEANS THAT THE BASE OF YOUR NECK IS ABOVE THE BASE OF YOUR SPINE.
            I see so many Joes going WAY past vertical which eats a ton of time.
            Originally posted by kontemplerande
            Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

^^^^^

Love the Avatar- Great Show lol
              MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                ^^^^^

Love the Avatar- Great Show lol
                Just got both seasons on DVD. Greatest show EVER.
                Originally posted by kontemplerande
                Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7577 users online. 399 members and 7178 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X