300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visalus.. ?

I figured I could ask here because I doubt any of you are in a position to sell it to me. I do believe body by vi is a bit of a pyramid scheme, so I have trouble trusting my friend 100% when he tries to convince me how awesome it is and how I should come to one of his "parties".

That said, if visalus really works, I'd sure love to lose a few pounds.. Does anyone here have any experience with it?
    Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

I'm probably going to come off as a 'richard head', but it drives me nuts to see people always looking for that pill or supplement to lose weight when there is no magic pill or 'supplement' to lose weight. Simply follow a proper diet and excercise program and eat healthy clean foods and you can watch the miracle of weight loss occur. It's not really hard, it simply takes a bit of discipline and dedication.
    Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Right, but portion control is my problem. If I can replace two meals a day with a shake that meets my nutritional needs and causes me to lose weight, I'd like to give it a try. Of course if it's a scam, doesn't work, or is going to harm my body, I'll steer clear.
      Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by FiremanMike View Post
        Right, but portion control is my problem. If I can replace two meals a day with a shake that meets my nutritional needs and causes me to lose weight, I'd like to give it a try. Of course if it's a scam, doesn't work, or is going to harm my body, I'll steer clear.
        Just as a quick FYI, liquid diets in any form, whether its juicing veggies and/or fruits to protein shakes are inherently Insulin Spiking and lead to a certain level of metabolic derangement. If and I stress on the IF you really need that protein shake my best advice is to take it literally 5-10 mins after your last rep/run/lift whatever it may be and keep it at only that meal. You should not replace an actual meal in your day with a shake. Its nonesense for weight loss. Now if you want to gain weight, have at it. Shakes, regardless of their benefits can lead to a "fatty" road. Insulin is, in fact, the horomone that essentially stores our fuel which essentially makes us fatter something telling my body to store even more if not a good gig. Id stay away from it. But its up to you at the end of the day, its just my .02c.

- Hulk
        "Anyone can beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." - Prefontaine

Comment

Really quick though, if and once again only if you really want to keep up with your liquid diets go for the best quality you can get and keep your eye on your carb intake, ramp up your lean protein and fat intake to mitigate your hunger if lesser carbs keep you feeling hungry. And if you really want some good products id recommend this guys stuff: http://www.optstore.blogspot.com/ (wfs) The guy is a serious "guru" in just about every single thing you can think of related to the fitness industry and he is seriously out there to help as opposed to make a quick buck. Good guy.

- Hulk
          "Anyone can beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." - Prefontaine

Comment

You say your problem is portion control, then if that's the case, that is a problem only YOU can fix. You need to increase your fibrous vegetable intake in order to feel full longer but the bottom line is, it's your diet, but it's also making sure you aren't taking in more than your burning. You need to keep a food journal for a week, get an idea of your daily and weekly caloric intake and adjust accordingly. Will Brink put up an excellent conditioning program a while back and would definitely aid in weight loss and conditioning if followed.

If you can't control your portions, there is no magic cure for you, it's willpower to WANT to change and without it, you're like 90 percent of the population who say 'I could have if........'
            Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13039 users online. 491 members and 12548 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X