300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Super Cow!

These animals have natural mutation of the gene that codes for myostatin. Pics of those mega cows were used to sell myostatin blocking supplements, which were all the rage for about 10 minutes as some of you may recall.

They are the results of good old selective breeding which we have done for thousands of years on one animal or another.

It's funny that people will often refuse to see how genetics rules their physique ultimately, but that's another topic for another day.

- Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Wonder what I would have to do to get nme a burger made form one of those monsters..... afterall we are what we eat right?

Comment

To have the problem of myostatin inhibition.......I wish. In fact, that 'craze' isn't over yet, it still rears its head every now and then, with Dr. Carlon Colker pimping his myostatin inhibiting product. There once was a huge debate on Professional Muscle about the genetics vs drugs argument and people still refused to believe that genetics could be a limiting factor.
      Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

I think genetics is the initial limiting factor but, we all know that with proper "nutrition" or drugs as us in the realworld refer to them there is very little limit to where we can push the human bady as long as you are willing to keep pumping illegal and harmful materials into it. So, I would have to say that drugs can overide genetics as long as one does not care about the consequences.

Comment

I disagree, absolutely disagree, while one may improve their physique with absolute spot on nutrition and the use of drugs, you will not over ride your genetics. The fact remains if you do not have the genetics you will NOT be at the level that professional bodybuilders are at, AKA genetic freaks. If that were the case, you'd see 'monsters' walking around all the time. While we can improve beyond the norm, even with the use of anabolics, you will NOT be a mass monster if you don't have the genetics makeup to take you there. The fact of the matter is, there are people out there with crappy genetics and even with the use of drugs, they will not be superhuman in stature. You can look at Ronnie Coleman when he made the transition from powerlifting to bodybuilding and it was during this time that he was supposed to be natural, you can look at his structure and see that he was made for bodybuilding and even without the use of anabolic aids, he would be light years ahead in physique development than the average person. You cannot override your genetic limits, and again, the reason these guys look like they do is because they have the genetics (which include the response to the drugs). You can make great improvements with your physique, but drugs are not the only reason why these 'elites' respond to the drugs and look as they do and to say such a thing is somewhat of a cop out in my opinion. What I'm saying is, you can take all the GH and AAS you want, but it will not put you at the level of a professional bodybuilder or even a powerlifter, they are the elite not because of drugs alone, but because of their genetics. Not sure I'm getting my point across.
          Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

OK I will agree with that, their genetics allows them to grow even further, faster than the norm in the response to the drugs. However, I was saying that the drugs push people beyond what there body (genetics) would normally allow, you would not see guys 5'9, 260 4% body fat without those drugs. If it was purely genetics than Arnold would have stayed as big as he was in his prime. The drugs trick our bodies and genetics by adding things genetics have given us a limit on already i.e. testosterone and Grown Hormone. But, I do agree that the most successful bodybuilders have genetics that lead them to faster muscle growth and response to certain drugs.

Also, these guys are beyond normal in what and in what amounts of things they are willing to pump into their bodies. I have wittnessed transformations several times in my lifting career and I can say that there is more than genetics at play. Once we hit out genetic barrier the drugs push us past it, and genetics probably helps determine how far and how long our bodies respond. But I can tell you that if I took a dose, the same size of what the biggest bodybuilders at my gym are taking it would probably kill me. As they are constantly increasing their doses to see gains no matter how small that gain might be.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9621 users online. 317 members and 9304 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X