300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Workout Program? Running?

Hey gang. Boy have I let myself go. Nevermind all the excuses, I am out of shape and I need back in.

I did P90x when it first came out and when I wasn't such a softy. We also own the Insanity DVD's, but haven't gotten into them. I need to lose fat. Get my weight and belt size down. That is my focus right now, and once I have burned off the jiggle I can focus on more complete workouts.

So my question is, do you think that P90X, Insanity or straight running is best for weight loss? OR is it worth it to do one of those programs AND run several days a week? Or is that too much? I am not looking to cut a few pounds to highlight my muscles, I am needing to burn major pounds of weight.

Thanks for any insights!

I might or might not recommend those dvds for fat loss. BUT, I would highly recommend that whatever program you choose, you do some research to find the proper diet. You can do Insanity 2x a day and if you dont get the diet dialed in, you wont see the results that you want.
    www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

I'd say do quick interval workouts such as Tabata. Lower your carbs, BUT do not cut them out completely. It will take some playing around to figure that right amount that you need to get through your workouts and energy levels. If you don't eat enought carbs/food then good luck getting through your workouts. Interval training may not burn as many calories during the workout, but they keep your ramped up even after your are done.

Comment

Swim! No impact full body workout. I've always found that if I want to drop lbs. swimming is the fastest way to do so. However, I don't have access to a pool so now I'm in somewhat of a dilemma... I would have to agree with above, diet is key. If it has been awhile since you been running remember to start out slow and short and build.
        Good luck.
        "... Somewhere Between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace..."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5922 users online. 347 members and 5575 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X