Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to the doc today. Sure enough.. micro tear in the weakest part of the muscle. I start PT next week. This sports medicine/PT group has a great reputation around town for helping runners and athletes, so I plan to rehab this aggressively in every way possible and hopefully be back on the road in a month.
    It was funny because the doctor read my chart and before even asking me anything he said "I bet you have exactly what I had when I was training for my first marathon." He said he had the injury twice from trying to come back without fully rehabbing it, but he said after the second time, it never happened again.
    I'm still hopeful that I'll be able to run a 1/2 marathon in mid November, but I'm gonna try not to push it.
    "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Well, it's good that you know what you are dealing with so you can give it what it needs to heal... and that you have time to do it!
      We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
      but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
        Hold off on stretching right away as if you have a tear stretching may do more harm than good.
        Rest up and get back to running :-)

Comment

^^Thanks!
          "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9568 users online. 475 members and 9093 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X