300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running

So with the big Hurricane Earl coming this way I am most likely not going outside today. I was wondering what most people do when they can't run outside. Do you just run in place inside? Just looking for some advice here. Oh, also I don't have access to a gym . Thank you all ahead for time for the advice.

I usually run laps around my den. Its 10 by 10 so 132 laps = 1 mile.

Comment

Originally posted by Sublime View Post
      So with the big Hurricane Earl coming this way I am most likely not going outside today. I was wondering what most people do when they can't run outside. Do you just run in place inside? Just looking for some advice here. Oh, also I don't have access to a gym . Thank you all ahead for time for the advice.
      Uh.. watch television, surf the internet, read a book, etc.. It's o.k. to take a day off.
      I don't see how anyone could run in place for any great length of time.
      You could try tabata squats (squat 20 sec., rest 10 sec, repeat for 8 rounds)
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4e-dp97Jfc
      You can do the same thing with burpees
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmuSgwCNSgE
      Both of those will get your heart rate up and use minimal space.
      Other than that... different kinds of pushups and situps: incline pushups, decline pushups, "close grip" pushups, crunches, weighted situps, indian style situps.

But honestly, if it's just a day or two, I'd probably just chill.
      "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Do some lunges, side straddle hop, burpees or squats! Taking a day off will not hurt ya!
        LIVING TO LAUGH

NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT TODAY, NOTHING NEW, IT'S JUST WHAT WE DO

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus259
          You could buy a jump rope or speed rope and do that in an open area of your house? That is awesome cardio.
          I forgot about that. Double unders, baby!
          "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sublime View Post
            There are tons of body weight exercises to do inside. You don't need a gym, and for most, you don't need any equipment. Need a good cardio workout? Try the deck of cards workout.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10881 users online. 383 members and 10498 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X