300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academy starting soon!!!

So my academy is 21 days away!!!! I have been working out and getting my self ready. But i got the call last week that it was for sure starting on September 20th. So i really kicked my training into high gear, but i am starting to worry about over training. I know that we will be doing pt everyday but i am worried that I am hitting abs too hard. I am not use to hitting them everyday until about a week and a half ago, i guess i am just trying to squeeze out every last drop of preparation i can get. So what are some suggestions everybody has. Should i keep hitting everything hard or take a a rest day ever other day....say abs today not tomorrow and so on. I am also running, push ups, pull ups, squats and my new favorite thing is the big exercise ball!!! Very challenging but fun!!! Thanks for any tips in advance!!!!

abs recover really quick just push it to the limt imo then pt will be a cake walk but i guess will could best advise you.

Comment

grease the groove if they are doing testing on the 1st day and you have to be at a certain number for pushups and situps.
      www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

I had similar question to grease the grove when he posted it in one of my threads. See my "sit up help" thread, or google it. It's all about reps all day long. It can be hard to find the time to do it, but it works really well.

Comment

Just make sure you stop for a few days beforehand so you're rested and recovered.

Comment

Originally posted by 10-97
            Is grease the groove similar to doing tabata?
            I don't think so. Tabata entails maximum effort for short time periods. I'm pretty sure grease the groove is sub-maximum several times a day.
            "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

To the OP, you're not working everything every single day are you? Otherwise, keep doing what you're doing and maybe go easy the three days before you start. Another suggestion is don't run long distances every day. At least in my experience you get just as much benefit only running 3 days a week. Running a lot every day is probably a good way to get injuries. Also, STRETCH after your workouts. My worst training injuries are always hamstrings and hips.. so stretch those after every workout.
              "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Several questions to ask yourself

1) What are the physical fitness standards to pass the academy?
                2) Where are your weak areas?
                3) Do you know what some of the odd ball PT exercises are at the academy that you need to brush up on?

My perspective. All academies will incorporate situps, pushups are running. If you can do at least 60 situps nonstop in 2 minutes, situps are not your weak point. If you do 60 full range pushups nonstop in 2 minutes, pushups are not your weak point. If you run 2 miles in under 15 minutes, running is not your weak point.

In addition to the normal PT stuff at my academy, we also did a fair amount of swimming and climbing rope. Every academy will differ.

Go into the academy in the best shape you can. There is a danger in overtraining and if you are training a lot and at 100%, you risk injury. Do not get injured prior to the academy or at the academy. Train everything but focus on your weak areas.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11630 users online. 423 members and 11207 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X