Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's mental. I run both on the treadmill and outside and for me it's easier running outside. I can run the 1.5 miles faster outside than on the treadmill.

I started taking Omega-3 Fish Oil pills and have been taking them for the last 3 weeks and I'm not sure if it's coincidence or not but I find the run is getting much easier all of the sudden. Before I started taking the Omega-3's I would make the 1.5 mile just about 12 minutes sometimes 12:24 minutes (time limit for my age group is 12:53 minutes, NY), but would be tired. Now I can make the 1.5 miles at 11:25 minutes my fastest and not be tired at all. I thought it was just probably just a good day, but started doing it more and more and realized that maybe the Omega-3's and Ginko that I take daily might help my body recover much faster. Oh!!! Also can't forget I also take 1 A Day Men Pro Edge vitamins. Not sure if any of the vitamins I'm taking are helping but whatever is going on I can run much faster and not be tired. I run 5 out of 8 days a week.
    Exam 8322
    List# 5XX
    Medical: Passed
    Written: Passed
    Oral: Passed
    Meet with BI: Done
    JST: Passed
    1st Mini-Med: Passed
    2nd Mini-Med: Passed 11/29/11

Let's go January 2012!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CRS1 View Post
      I run 5 out of 8 days a week.
      holy cow thats fast! :P

but in all seriousness what exactly is omega-3 for?

Comment

This is very interesting. I too, as many others, find myself a little bit slower outside than on the treadmill. Not by much though.

I find the same exact thing on my bike trainer. I set the trainer to the most resistance (it's magnetic resistance), and I'm a little bit faster on it than riding outside. Wind resistance probably plays a bigger role in riding, however, because I'm going a little over twice as fast as when I run.

Comment

Young ladies behind lol
          I knew it was messing me up outside losing that view. LOL
          MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

It's all mental.

I can't run any more than a mile on a treadmill. I get bored and distracted really easily.

On the other hand, I can run for hours outdoors and I can push myself.

For example I'll run 2.5 miles away from home and force myself to run back. Can't do that on a treadmill so it screws with my head.

Just keep at it and stop thinking about it so much.
            The more you sweat in here, the less you'll bleed on the street. - Plaque at LASD academy

Comment

I run outside on a track even when it's 20 degrees outside. I feel like running on a treadmill is cheating because it's doing some of the work FOR you. I will run on a treadmill only if I HAVE to.
              "Character is someone you are when no one is watching."

Comment

Originally posted by POSr View Post
                I run outside on a track even when it's 20 degrees outside. I feel like running on a treadmill is cheating because it's doing some of the work FOR you. I will run on a treadmill only if I HAVE to.
                World class elite runners run on treadmills... If you think it is cheating then you need to do a bit more research on them!

Comment

Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                  World class elite runners run on treadmills... If you think it is cheating then you need to do a bit more research on them!
                  Primarily?
                  "Character is someone you are when no one is watching."

Comment

I hate running but have to do it. A lot actually. I was told to make sure the treadmill is on an incline if you run on one. I get extremely BORED while running regardless so I have about 1.5 hours worth of military cadences. I've got most of them memorized and when I do PT tests, just recite them in my head over and over. The MP3 player spoils me.

Comment

Probably true.. but I would also add that you use different muscles on the treadmill than outside. Outside your pushing the ground... on the treadmill your trying to keep up. I have difficulty on the treadmill and run faster outside. I think its just because i rarely use a treadmill and im not used to it. Just run outside more.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10612 users online. 397 members and 10215 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X