Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just wanted to update. not a tear in the miniscus, but a bad strain and bruise. damaged cartilage and baker's cyst on the back of the knee. i just started light duty after a month of no duty. i got a cortisone shot today from the ortho and due back in three weeks for a follow up. if still bothersome, here comes the knife. this is my first cortisone, and i must say....i'm having worse sharp pain than i did before! with all that said...i earned a lot of titles and emblems on modern warfare!
    dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

cortisone never worked, getting scoped nov 5. going to fix some damaged cartilage and interested to see what else he finds...i wonder how long until i am back to active duty...i know every one is different recovering, but is there any averages of time?

Comment

Originally posted by 99 Fenix View Post
        just wanted to update. not a tear in the miniscus, but a bad strain and bruise. damaged cartilage and baker's cyst on the back of the knee. i just started light duty after a month of no duty. i got a cortisone shot today from the ortho and due back in three weeks for a follow up. if still bothersome, here comes the knife. this is my first cortisone, and i must say....i'm having worse sharp pain than i did before! with all that said...i earned a lot of titles and emblems on modern warfare!
        I had my ACL reconstructed a week ago today and after the pain pills ran out I started taking tumeric supplements. I also took them about 7 years ago for bone spurs on my heel when the FDA took vioxx off the market and the stuff really worked. Turmeric is a really good anti inflammatory and the worse side effects you can have from it is a quick trip to the bathroom. Just be sure to take it with a meal. I had some cartilage removed last week and a ligament taken out of my hamstring to replace my ACL. I hurt pretty good right now but I'll start feeling better in a few days I think. The doc has me out of work for a few weeks and then light duty and PT for 7 months. A serious meniscus tear can put you out for a while as well. Don't play around with it and follow the PT to the letter. And check out the turmeric stuff. You can get a bottle of good turmeric off the net for less than 20 bucks at amazon or some vitamin website. Fish oil is good for inflammation as well if you can stand the taste in your mouth after you take it. If all they are going to do is shave some frayed meniscus off then you will be good to go after two months of PT but if they have to repair it, you are looking at a real long tough recovery. If you get the knee scoped ask him if he video tapes it. I got a movie of my surgery. I have the slides of the MRI as well but nothing beats a movie with a good ending. Check out knee reconstruction videos on youtube. Lots of info there if you can stand the retarded soundtracks idiots put on them. You are young which is good for recovery. I'm not so young and it sucks for recovery.
        Last edited by SHU; 10-28-2010, 08:07 PM. Reason: k

Comment

thanks SH and good luck with your recovery as well

Comment

just wanted to say the surgery was a success. they found multiple tears that the MRI didn't show. thanks all for the input and concert...3 hours ago i was under the knife and been kicking for at least an hour..WOO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10509 users online. 384 members and 10125 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X