Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Brink

Have you seen this, if so, thoughts?

I'm still trying to figure out what, if any, practical applications it has....in other words, is it for conditioning, strength....what do you think?

http://forearmmax.com/
    Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

looks like it might work your grip ok.....but w/o being able to add resistance it would soon be rendered useless

grippers and sledge

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
      Have you seen this, if so, thoughts?

I'm still trying to figure out what, if any, practical applications it has....in other words, is it for conditioning, strength....what do you think?

http://forearmmax.com/
      That's an odd one. Seems like limited utility to real world performance compared to products like fatgripz, rope chins, battle ropes, sledge/tire work. Working the muscles of the forearms is simple enough, and that gadget does not increase grip strength. Initial impression is it's more gimmick then substance. What we all need in our collection is the shake weight! Yes, this is for real and sold in stores:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbsSeVr5NSI

Sh&% makes me laugh every time I watch it. That it's not a Saturday Night Live skit, kills me....
      - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

yep, those were my initial thoughts as well.....can't see spending the money that I can do by wringing a wet towel over and over again.

Ahh, the shake weight, a beautifully made invention...lmao. Why, I ought to just shoot myself with the taser over and over again, after all, it is electro stim at its best.

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
          yep, those were my initial thoughts as well.....can't see spending the money that I can do by wringing a wet towel over and over again.

Ahh, the shake weight, a beautifully made invention...lmao. Why, I ought to just shoot myself with the taser over and over again, after all, it is electro stim at its best.
          And it WAS an SNL Skit!!!! Too f-ing funny:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/143264/sat...ake-weight-dvd
          - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Interesting. I am about do to a test an review of a somewhat similar product, the Bison-1. The developer asked me to do it after a discussion on bodybuilding.com
            Seen here:
            http://www.bisonstrength.com/
            www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Originally posted by brownj21 View Post
              Interesting. I am about do to a test an review of a somewhat similar product, the Bison-1. The developer asked me to do it after a discussion on bodybuilding.com
              Seen here:
              http://www.bisonstrength.com/
              That makes more sense and better mimmicks the normal patterns of movement for the forearm and is similar to what the forearm is doing during battle ropes, or club swings, sledge work, etc. I don't know if it will give superior effects compared to other options per se, but it makes more sense then other gismo above, at least from my initial impressions. Report back with your findings.
              - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

What can you guys tell me about battle ropes? I watched a youtube clip because I had no clue what it was. Are they just regular ropes, like climbing ropes, or is it some kind of specialized rope? What are the ropes attached to, just any stationary objects?
                I'm interesting in developing my lower arms, but don't know many practical exercises for it. (insert masturbation joke here) I do farmer's walks sometimes. Also, what is sledge work. I go to a Crossfit gym a couple days a week and I see they have the sledge hammers, but I've never actually done a workout where we've used them yet.
                "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Originally posted by adeutch View Post
                  What can you guys tell me about battle ropes? I watched a youtube clip because I had no clue what it was. Are they just regular ropes, like climbing ropes, or is it some kind of specialized rope? What are the ropes attached to, just any stationary objects?
                  I'm interesting in developing my lower arms, but don't know many practical exercises for it.
                  If that's all you are looking for, there's way cheaper easier things to use then battle ropes. Battle ropes are good for various things, like conditioning, arm work, etc, and can be used in various ways, but they are not cheap and take up a lot of room. Cheap, effective, etc:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...light=fatgripz

Originally posted by adeutch View Post
                  (insert masturbation joke here) I do farmer's walks sometimes. Also, what is sledge work.
                  A sledgehammer, a big old tire, you smashing it. Very taxing and great for functional fitness. Google/youtube will turn up info there.
                  - Will

www.OptimalSWAT.com

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Thanks a bunch! I think the fat gripz might be worth a shot.
                    I also really wanna try a Crossfit workout that incorporates the sledge and tire. Will definitely ask about it this evening.
                    "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Fifteen to twenty minute time limit: Farmer's Walks (heavy) immediately followed by 20 sledgehammer swings (10 swung from each side)........ rest for sixty seconds..........as many rounds as possible. Tell me how your forearms feel afterwards.......

Comment

Originally posted by jsd73 View Post
                        fifteen to twenty minute time limit: Farmer's walks (heavy) immediately followed by 20 sledgehammer swings (10 swung from each side)........ Rest for sixty seconds..........as many rounds as possible. Tell me how your forearms feel afterwards.......
                        ouch!
                        www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3357 users online. 238 members and 3119 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X