Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working out without the benefits of the gym!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working out without the benefits of the gym!!

Okay here's the deal. I'm enrolled to a gym right now and I graduate college this year. In order for me to start saving up to pay for student loans and the academy, I'm going to be moving home. I also live in MI so we have about 4 to 5 months of nice outside running weather. Instead of going to the gym, I was thinking about other ways I can work out. With have a treadmill at my house and plan to use it in the winter and also we have a older weight machine. Nothing spectacular but you can work upper body and legs pretty effectively. I was wondering what are some cheap and also effective ways to work out without the benefits of a gym. Thanks alot guys and I most say that my first couple of years of college I started to get overweight and outta shape. I was almost 220 and 5 foot 9, not good. Well in about a year. I got trimmed down to 190 and feeling good. Working out is a great thing along with cutting down some of the beer drinking. .
    "This is Papa Bear. Put out an APB for a male suspect, driving a car of some sort; heading in the direction of, uh, you know, that place that sells chilli. Suspect is hatless. Repeat, hatless." -Chief Wiggum

You can do a lot of strength gaining exercises by just using your body and no weights. Examples of this are situps and pushups.

You can also construct a minimalist's 'home gym' on a small budget. Free weights can be purchased fairly cheaply and can't be beat. Other workout aids such as pull-up bars, inflatable exercise balls and jump ropes are cheap and very useful.

I'd suggest getting subscriptions to magazines such as Men's Health and Men's Fitness. There are lots of examples in those magazines of good exercises to do with minimal equipment.

Comment

Ya know that was one of the funniest quotes i think I have ever seen....may have to steal it!! Just about fell over out my chair from laughing so hard....sorry this is not about the topic..just had to tell ya you're quote is tooo funny!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10056 users online. 339 members and 9717 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X