Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you all count your calories/protein/etc.?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you all count your calories/protein/etc.?

I’ve been reading the forums and from what I’ve seen in this section a lot of people posting their meal plans. I’ve thought about starting as a way of making sure I’m eating healthy as I work on gaining more muscle mass.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
    (")_(")
    Copy and paste Bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination

I never count them. I did for a couple months when I first started eating better a couple years ago because I felt I had to. I had no idea what to eat or how much to eat. Once it became common practice to eat decently, I ditched all the logs and just do my best to keep it all in check. I'm at 15.6% BF and I know exactly how to get rid of that 6% I want to lose - but I don't really plan on doing so.
    Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them.

Comment

That was kind of my idea. Just to focus on eatting right, make my lunchs vs. eatting fast food. I should find out my BF% and use that as a guide to muslke vs. fat gain. Although I've really just been using other others, run time, max # of pushups (about 80 give or take a couple, took damn near 8 months to get there but that was from being able to do of all maybe two ).
      (\__/)
      (")_(")

Comment

double post
        Last edited by CACBAND; 05-14-2010, 09:49 PM.
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

I keep a daily journal of everything I eat and all my workouts. Even though I started it to get me into building good habits, now I just keep doing it out of habit I guess. Its helpful to go back and track your progress and if you want to count calories then all the info is there.
          "God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy!"

Comment

unless you're a competetive bodybuilder preparing for a show, theres no reason to micro manage your macro nutrients.

for mass building, just eat eat eat. whole foods, vegetables, oats, milk, WHATEVER.........just eat. if you find yourself weighing out a chicken breast EVER in your life, just slap your own face as a way of reminding youself: "eat the whole thing, and then eat another."

if you start getting too much fat on yer gut, cut down on the carbs a bit.

Comment

Yes I do..
              Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

I've never tracked my calories in a log. I have looked at the calories I eat and can remember how much I eat on a daily basis for about a week or two. Once I obtained a generalized amount of calories I need to eat then I figured out what my body was doing and adjust accordingly. Typically my major adjustments are in my workout routine and intensity.

I agree with Dr. Peebody, unless you are training to compete in bodybuilding competitions there is no sense in micromanaging your intake. It takes a lot of OCD and really serves no purpose.
                Last edited by kc12; 05-19-2010, 11:54 AM.
                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2370 users online. 155 members and 2215 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X