Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here: Had it about 3 years ago and was the best thing I have ever done. Went from 20/200 to 20/13 in the left and 20/400 to 20/25 in the right. Halos for about 4-5 months but they are gone or I don't even notice them anymore oneor the other.

Comment

This is my first post here but I would recommend lasik to anybody who hates to wear glasses or contatcs. I wore contacts for 17 years until my surgery last week. My vision was 20/550 (-5.50 contacts lenses) and 24 hours after the procedure I was 20/20. I went to TLC laser centers and highly recommend them. They have offices through the US. I paid $3600. They took off $900 since I have Blue Cross Ins. I do see some halos at night but not that bad. I have had absolutely no problems with eyes and my recovery time was about 1 day. Best investment I have ever made.

Comment

LASIK

I had it done years ago before they used the laser (ALK). I went from nearly legally blind to being able to see overnight. Initial Problems: Sensitivity to light, halo's at night, but I don't have them anymore. I am sure that in the future I will end up wearing reading glasses, but it will be worth it. Like others have said, make sure you research the doctor(s), get other peoples feedback etc. Good Luck
        Dont think of it as losing, think of it as being beat by a girl!

Comment

LASIK

I had LASIK done six months ago (6/03). Prior to the correction, my eyesight was 20/400 in each eye. Pretty bad. Now I am at 20/15 in each eye and loving every minute of it. I wish I had done it sooner, and now can't remember what it was like before the procedure. The doctor who did my eyes even offered a "police discount" which helped on the financial end.
          Take care and stay safe!

Comment

I had mine done about 2 1/2 years ago. I was fine to see for the follow-up appointment the very next day - without my glasses!!!
            I also drove to the store a few hours after the surgery, but I really shouldn't have driven.
            The worst part is after the surgery where my eyes felt like someone had put onion-eyedrops in them, they burned so bad. After that first day, no pain.
            I did have to have an enhancement, and the doc scratched my 'ball, and I had a hard time for about a month, but now I am ok. The worst part now is the fact that my eyes get tired quicker (after about 14 hours) but eyedrops clear that up. I also see starbursts, but it is exactly like when you have eyeglasses that aren't perfectly your prescription. It is really easy to deal with.

Yes, I would do it again. I know quite a few people I work with that had it done, and a friend of mine had it done last week in fact. He pelted me with questions about it.
            If you really want something in life you have to work for it. Now quiet, they're about to announce the lottery numbers. -- Homer Simpson

Comment

I had my LASIK in July 1998. My only regret is not doing it sooner. I went from around 20/400 to 20/15 in both eyes. I had some slight haloing early on but as my eyes fully healed that went away.

As suggested earlier, after the proceedure SLEEP. It's the best cure for what ails you. It was amazing to wake up and be able to see.
              Originally posted by kontemplerande
              Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10842 users online. 214 members and 10628 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X