Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Hungry

No seriously, I'm hungry.

My workout runs 6 days a week with my break day on Saturday. I do mixed running workouts intervals, long distance-slow, short distance-fast then the gym for a mix of heavy lifting and light lifting etc. I am 34 yo male, 6'2 245 -250. (depending on the day I weigh myself)

I recently bought a bike and I am biking to work, track, then gym and home again for a total of about 15 miles combined.

Lately I've been noticing I am getting a lot more hungry during the day. Mostly around 3:30 PM. I eat a good diet comprised for mostly lean protien, veggies, and limit my carbs to multi-grain and minimal complex carbs and sugar. I eat a typical morning noon, early evening routine. I've tried adding some light snacks like nuts or a protien bar but I keep getting hungry.

My problem is this. I get nervous about eating more food, even healthy things because I've lost about 50 lbs and I don't want to gain more weight.

Giving credit to Will Brink, I read his article on "It's all about timing" about when to eat and I am thinking that with the added biking, my metabolitic window is opening sooner and I am burning through more energy faster.

I am looking for suggestions on controlling the hunger. Do I eat more? Do I break up my meals and eat the same amounts during different parts of the day?

Any feedback would be great. If I was unclear on anything, let me know.
    "Character is someone you are when no one is watching."

Yes eat more. That is the best way to control your hunger. After I do any strenuous exercise I try to at least get in a protein shake, which does a few things for me, it reduces my hunger, and it restores some of my energy that I used while exercising.

If you are nervous about eating more food, due to a small caloric deficit work on your eating schedule so that one of your meals takes place soon after you finish exercising. I would try to eat 30 minutes to an hour after working out.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Eating more frequently is a good solution. Either 3 full meals and couple snacks, or 6 small meals. Good snacks are almonds, string cheese, protein shakes, and the like.

As long as you're eating well and keeping calories under maintenance you should be a-ok.

This will also help with weight loss because small frequent meals will give you a faster metabolism.

Comment

This is in no way, shape, or form a scientific observation but during my cycling season I am ALWAYS hungry. This never happens when I run or lift but only when I'm cycling. I wonder why...

As others have mentioned, just eat smaller meals more frequently and make sure you're properly hydrated.
        The more you sweat in here, the less you'll bleed on the street. - Plaque at LASD academy

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3886 users online. 171 members and 3715 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X