Medical Exam Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Exam Question

I signed the conditional offer of employment on Monday, and today I went for my medical examine. Everything went well with hearing and vision.

The only weird thing that happened is when the doctor looked at my urine sample results and asked if I was diabetic. I quickly replied "No." He said, "Hm, your Ketone levels are a little elevated in your urine; usually the sign of diabetes..." Then he asked if I had exercised in the morning before; I said no, but I did yesterday...

He then moved on, but I was wondering what could have caused this? He did not push the issue much, bit it did concern me a bit...
    Last edited by urbancowboy; 03-04-2010, 05:13 PM.
    A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood. - General George Patton

Originally posted by urbancowboy View Post
    I signed the conditional offer of employment on Monday, and today I went for my medical examine. Everything went well with hearing and vision.

The only weird thing that happened is when the doctor looked at my urine sample results and asked if I was diabetic. I quickly replied "No." He said, "Hm, your Ketone levels are a little elevated in your urine; usually the sign of diabetes..." Then he asked if I had exercised in the morning before; I said no, but I did yesterday...

He then moved on, but I was wondering what could have caused this? He did not push the issue much, bit it did concern me a bit...

Just curious who ur tryin to get on with or if ur a lateral/pre-service. Not many CA agencies hiring recruits nowadays...

Comment

Upland Police Department, and I am a recruit.
      Last edited by urbancowboy; 03-04-2010, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Congrats on the COE. I wouldn't worry too much about it if he just passed it over. I'm sure if he was concerned you'd be told to get further evaluation from your physician before they clear you. That happened to me in regards to my blood pressure. Does Upland use SBSO or RSO to put their recruits through the academy?

Comment

Thanks man. They use SBSO.

Are you in the academy right now?

Comment

fingers crossed for April 26th @ RSO. It's been a loooooong road...

Comment

Well good luck man.

Comment

Well...welcome to Socal Police work. Have fun and do not do anything stupid off duty that will get you fired.
                Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Thank you JJCop. I am eager to get this going. I just have to take the Psych. next week, and then I have a follow up with a Psychologist a week later. If all goes well I will be then headed off to get my uniforms.

Comment

Ketones would be present in your urine if you have been losing weight such as when you burn more energy than you take in eating. So, the exercise could easily have played a part and I don't know if you havbe been dieting, but it does not seem to be a big deal especially if you do not have any other signs like high blood sugar readings etc. I am sure he moved on after you said you had been exercising.

Good luck!

Comment

Are you eating low carb? If so, your body is in ketosis and that would explain your urine levels.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7017 users online. 271 members and 6746 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                      X