Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grip strength

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Grip strength

    After having a dual fractured wrist and starting now to recover, im looking towards being back on the range within 4-6 weeks to requalify and get some training in, as being right handed of course it was my right wrist that was broken.
    So does anyone have any advice on grip strength training or any good links??
    "Well, I never had an invisible friend when I was young, but I'm sure that if I did, it would be Constable Smiley."

  • #2
    I've got chronic tendinitis (tennis elbow) in both elbows. I've had it for over a year, now. My left is a lot worse than my right...

    Eastside, when I broke my left wrist as a teenager, I kept a tennis ball with me and squeezed it constantly until the muscles in my left forearm recovered. Also, stretches... Lots of stretches.
    Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

    The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have Captains of Crush grippers that work REALLY well. I still have Level 1 and Level 2 brand new in its packaging if you're interested in them.

      Comment


      • #4
        www.ironmind.com Captains of Crush grippers. They have everything from rehab level grippers to one that only a small handful of the world's strongest have managed to close, plus some other implements to build grip and forearm strength.
        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

        I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

        Comment


        • #5
          I highly recommend towel pull-ups for grip strength.
          A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood. - General George Patton

          Comment


          • #6
            I broke my wrist as a kid and it caused my wrist pain much of my life until I started lifting. I do wrist curls, wrist pronation/suppination and reverse wrist curls which have helped immensely. Captains of Crush grippers are great as well. Heavy Grips aren't as good but they are decent nd considerably cheaper if the CoCs are too pricey for you.
            Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them.

            Comment


            • #7
              Lots of good advice on here, you can also try "dead hangs" from the pull up bar. Put three 5lbs plates together and squeeze them to keep the middle one in place.

              Comment


              • #8
                Deadlifts. Do them with a double overhand grip instead of an alternate grip. Also, Snatch grip deadlifts (hands much wider and double overhand).
                "Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Whatsthe2ndDfor
                  Deadlifts or bar hangs work grip and other muscle groups. Check out an REI or REI.com and find stuff that climbers use to help their grip.
                  Originally posted by BCSD Frank View Post
                  I've got chronic tendinitis (tennis elbow) in both elbows. I've had it for over a year, now. My left is a lot worse than my right...

                  Eastside, when I broke my left wrist as a teenager, I kept a tennis ball with me and squeezed it constantly until the muscles in my left forearm recovered. Also, stretches... Lots of stretches.
                  Originally posted by mp1161 View Post
                  I have Captains of Crush grippers that work REALLY well. I still have Level 1 and Level 2 brand new in its packaging if you're interested in them.
                  Originally posted by ateamer View Post
                  www.ironmind.com Captains of Crush grippers. They have everything from rehab level grippers to one that only a small handful of the world's strongest have managed to close, plus some other implements to build grip and forearm strength.
                  Originally posted by urbancowboy View Post
                  I highly recommend towel pull-ups for grip strength.

                  All good advice. But towel pullups are the most fun, IMO.
                  www.ShankAZombie.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    find a good tree branch in your back yard.. hang rope from it and climb it...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jannino View Post
                      find a good tree branch in your back yard.. hang rope from it and climb it...
                      Indeed sir

                      (hanging just left of the heavy bag)

                      www.ShankAZombie.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by brownj21 View Post
                        Indeed sir

                        (hanging just left of the heavy bag)

                        nice set up sir....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dunken View Post
                          nice set up sir....
                          Thank you.
                          www.ShankAZombie.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BCSD Frank View Post
                            I've got chronic tendinitis (tennis elbow) in both elbows. I've had it for over a year, now. My left is a lot worse than my right...

                            Eastside, when I broke my left wrist as a teenager, I kept a tennis ball with me and squeezed it constantly until the muscles in my left forearm recovered. Also, stretches... Lots of stretches.
                            +1, also do wrist curls - palms up and palms down with dumbells




                            World_So_Cold

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Double ditto on the wrist curls
                              "The wicked flee when no man pursueth
                              but the righteous are bold as a lion"

                              Proverbs 28:1, inscription beneath NLEOM lion.sigpic

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 2199 users online. 139 members and 2060 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X