300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENERGY Drinks before pre entry exam?

Hi i am training for a pre academy entrance test in april. I have been training for the past 3 months but today was the first time i have actually ran on a 400m track. I ran this morning on an empty stomach plus i felt a little tired .

I ran 300 m in 63 seconds rested for about 5 mins then ran the 1.5 m in 14.27 mins the track was wet gravel and was very sticky, i have to qualify in the 30th percentile, can any one give me any tips, also will an energy drink help me before pt test, how long do you have before you crash? or is it just like a placebo effect for your confidence cheers

Originally posted by Irish in philly View Post
    Hi i am training for a pre academy entrance test in april. I have been training for the past 3 months but today was the first time i have actually ran on a 400m track. I ran this morning on an empty stomach plus i felt a little tired .

I ran 300 m in 63 seconds rested for about 5 mins then ran the 1.5 m in 14.27 mins the track was wet gravel and was very sticky, i have to qualify in the 30th percentile, can any one give me any tips, also will an energy drink help me before pt test, how long do you have before you crash? or is it just like a placebo effect for your confidence cheers
    That is the worst thing you could possibly do. You want to do the opposite actually.

Treat it like any other day. Same cup of coffee, same breakfast, etc. Get a good night's rest the night before, etc.

Do a search for interval training in this forum. Adopt that strategy leading up to the test. You have suffucient time to improve your times in the run.

Comment

Originally posted by Squared Away View Post
      That is the worst thing you could possibly do. You want to do the opposite actually.

Treat it like any other day. Same cup of coffee, same breakfast, etc. Get a good night's rest the night before, etc.

Do a search for interval training in this forum. Adopt that strategy leading up to the test. You have suffucient time to improve your times in the run.

+1
      DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING FROM THE NORM ON THE DAY OF THE TEST.

Comment

It will help you do a few things, like puke during your run and maybe get a huge cramp. I drank a Red Bull once right before a 5K. I puked all over the finish line and my stomach was on fire after the first half mile and I am a daily Monster drinker. Hydrate starting two days before and include Gatorade.

Comment

cheers guys, lots of water gatorade , bananas and rest leading up to date , as we say in ireland sláinte mhaith (good health)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10774 users online. 381 members and 10393 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X