300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folks finally made the goal

As many of you may recall running has been a weak point of mine for some time. After trying many programs I found one that worked for me. I spent a great deal of time running on a treadmill with the incline at 2% and found a pace that pushed me to the max. I passed my goal of a 1.5 mile in 15:28 and did it in 13mins when I went outside. Granted my time was a little faster on a treadmill by a min. Now I am ready for a PFT when one comes my way. I would advise anyone trainning on a treadmill have the incline up and get after it. Just know if the time to pass is like 15:28 get below that time on a treadmill and work at it. I shocked myself. Any more advice is welcome.

Congrats on reaching your goal. I'm in pretty good shape but running is a weak spot of mine as well. I am now entering week 3 of the Couch-to-5k plan and things are going well. Once I complete that, my ultimate goal is 5 miles at an 8mph pace. I'm a long way off but on my way.
    Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them.

Comment

Originally posted by k9education View Post
      Congrats on reaching your goal. I'm in pretty good shape but running is a weak spot of mine as well. I am now entering week 3 of the Couch-to-5k plan and things are going well. Once I complete that, my ultimate goal is 5 miles at an 8mph pace. I'm a long way off but on my way.
      Understand. The treadmill help me to hold a faster pace, because if you don't you fall off the back and all the women in the gym will laugh. LOL . I know there been many topics on treadmill running here, but everyone seemed to agree if your going train that way have the incline up to at least 1% if not 2%. 2% worked for me because the area in which I live in. Might want to try the treadmill once you finish the couch plan.

Comment

Good for you!

Don't stop now or slow down. I guarantee there is a 5k or a 10k race within a short distance of you. There should be a 5k around mid March in your area. Sign up for it and work your way up to 10k and beyond.

Comment

Good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

That is Great News, Great Job and Commitment!
            MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaCounty View Post
              Understand. The treadmill help me to hold a faster pace, because if you don't you fall off the back and all the women in the gym will laugh. LOL . I know there been many topics on treadmill running here, but everyone seemed to agree if your going train that way have the incline up to at least 1% if not 2%. 2% worked for me because the area in which I live in. Might want to try the treadmill once you finish the couch plan.
              Yeah, I absolutely agree with you. I set the incline to 2-3 right from the start. The only thing I would add is that now that you've hit your running goal, continue cross-training if you're not already.

Comment

Congrats! how long did it take you to reach this goal?
                sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
                Rocky Balboa
                Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

Thanks for the motivation, I just came off of a knee injury and ran my 1.5 in 13.10 on a track and that was slow for me, so i am rehabing myself to get back to the 11's, I am gonna try some treadmill training.

Comment

Congrats Bama! I knew you could do it.
                    Originally posted by kontemplerande
                    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Thanks. The treadmill for me makes me keep going where as running on the street I tend to slow down or stop too soon, and kick myself later for doing so. Treadmill I stay with it a little longer or longer. SRT I fellowed the program you sent me pretty much but did it on the treadmill.

Comment

Originally posted by DoesntPlayNice
                        I do worse on the treadmill than I do by myself outside....that little stop button is too tempting!

Everyone different, and I just do what works for me. I am not saying this treadmill running for everyone. However I do believe if you lack running skills a treadmill can help you over come that. By keeping you true to a pace and working your body. Again that just me.

Comment

Originally posted by DoesntPlayNice
                          I do worse on the treadmill than I do by myself outside....that little stop button is too tempting!
                          +100
                          yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by BamaCounty View Post
                            Everyone different, and I just do what works for me. I am not saying this treadmill running for everyone. However I do believe if you lack running skills a treadmill can help you over come that. By keeping you true to a pace and working your body. Again that just me.
                            +1 I'm a regular hiker so I do prefer the outdoors but I'm just not ready to run outdoors yet. I'd love to do some trail running in the future but the treadmill is helping me work up to that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8093 users online. 235 members and 7858 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X