300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academy Sit-Ups

When doing full sit-ups in the academy do the instructors have another recruit stand on your feet to keep them from coming up?

The reason I ask is because I can do a good amount of full sit-ups with my feet being held down, but without that I can barely do a few full situps....
    A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood. - General George Patton

We did it both ways....sometimes it was with a partner and other times it was by yourself. The worst was having to do 200 on asphalt...my butt bone hurt for weeks.
    yeah!

Comment

they usually hold your feet. give it hell bud!
      sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
      Rocky Balboa
      Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

Any suggestions fellas on how to increase the amount I do by myself...I have a long torso and it is really hard to do them without something holding my feet down....

Comment

Originally posted by urbancowboy View Post
          Any suggestions fellas on how to increase the amount I do by myself...I have a long torso and it is really hard to do them without something holding my feet down....
          You can always move your feet further from your butt which makes it easier....but having stronger abs should help too.
          yeah!

Comment

Do instructors get ****ed if your feet leave the ground while doing them?

Comment

Do instructors get ****ed if your feet leave the ground while doing them?
              OURS never did but everywhere is different. Besides, they cared more about effort not perfect form.
              yeah!

Comment

your stressin way to much about situps. ive learned from experience the only way to get better at situps and pushups is to.... do pushups and situps.

for me situps were way easier than pushups. but i just started doing incline stair pushups and my #'s went up greatly. situps,situps,situps
                sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
                Rocky Balboa
                Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

I've been sticking my feet under the lip of the kitchen cabinets when I do them at home. As for increasing the amount, add weight and/or a decline and when you remove the decline/weight after some time, your reps will have increased considerably. You can pick up a plate or two at Sports Authority for a few bucks. As for the decline, you can probably come up with a homemade alternative to an decline bench.
                  Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them.

Comment

I appreciate the help guys...

I am not so much stressing about sit-ups in general. I am more or less stressing about doing them without my feet being held down...With my feet tucked under the couch or someone holding them; I can go for days, but without that I am flopping all over the place like a dead fish.

Comment

Just keep practicing without holding your feet down, and get it out of your mind that you cant do it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8079 users online. 228 members and 7851 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X