300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-test schedule

I have to take my physical test in a week and a half. situps, pushups, 1.5 mile run. Its on a saturday so I took wed-friday off work mainly because I currently have a very physical job and didn't want to be tired but I also know I don't need to lay around for 3 days any suggestions on a light workout? thanks.

I took 3 days off prior to our final physical test. Did a good ole fashioned carbo load for a day prior and made sure to at least eat something early the morning before the test.

I would recommend very light stretching, maybe some swimming or ride an exercise bike. You definitely do not want to do ANYTHING that could result in an injury right before the big test.
    The only time you can have too much ammunition is when you're swimming or on fire

Comment

Thanks. What woiuld you suggest as a good carb load? Pasta?

Comment

Originally posted by Beam24 View Post
        Look on RunnersWorld website they have some really good carb loading meal plans. Some good advise on here, stay away from any kind of heavy lifting our long runs a few days before the test. Light walks wont hurt, make sure to stretch....best of luck and stay strong

Comment

The night before I was taking my PAT for the academy, I had a big *** plate of spaghetti with whole wheat pasta and lean ground beef. The morning of I had a small bowl of oatmeal and a bannana. Be sure to really hydrate yourself in the days leading up to it. A major cramp would be trouble.
          sigpic"To punish and enslave"

Comment

Originally posted by 10-41 View Post
            The night before I was taking my PAT for the academy, I had a big *** plate of spaghetti with whole wheat pasta and lean ground beef. The morning of I had a small bowl of oatmeal and a bannana. Be sure to really hydrate yourself in the days leading up to it. A major cramp would be trouble.
            Sounds good thanks.

Comment

Carb load for a simple 1.5 PAT is not necessary at all.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Originally posted by djblank87 View Post
                Carb load for a simple 1.5 PAT is not necessary at all.
                lol! I can't believe people are suggesting carb loading for a PT test.

Wonder what they would do for a marathon?

Don't mess with your diet before a PT test; Don't eat anything you haven't ate before or don't eat often. The last thing you want is some kind of digestive problems on test day.

Comment

Don't exercise for 3 or 4 days before your test. Get a full night's sleep. Don't eat anything for breakfast you wouldn't normally eat. The last thing you want to do is have to barf or take a dump during your run.

Comment

Originally posted by Item9 View Post
                    The last thing you want to do is have to barf or take a dump during your run.
                    Reserve that for heavy squats.
                    Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them.

Comment

Originally posted by Item9 View Post
                      Don't exercise for 3 or 4 days before your test. Get a full night's sleep. Don't eat anything for breakfast you wouldn't normally eat. The last thing you want to do is have to barf or take a dump during your run.
                      Great statement.....if you don't eat alot of high fiber foods such as whole wheat pasta or real oatmeal, don't do it the night before or you will inevitably have to take a dump during your test. However if you do eat it, then don't worry about it. While the others are correct about "carb loading" for a PAT, if you think it will help you then go for it. Personally, when I ate along those lines I felt it was beneficial for me.
                      sigpic"To punish and enslave"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8956 users online. 448 members and 8508 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X