Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sooo, any updates from anybody still using this system? I'm in the process of 'aquiring' P90x DVD's soon and am preparing myself for the pain that comes along with it. These posts really are a great motivating tool.

Comment

Try beachbody.com. It has nothing but motivational posts and if you bought the DVD's you get a free coach.

World_So_Cold

Comment

Originally posted by Yin6Yang9 View Post
        The P90x workouts are slow and boring, but they do get results. I could do the 90 minutes of yoga in my sleep with one hand tied behind my back! It was really extreamly beginners easy stuff. Which was a huge disappointment compared to the rest of the workouts. I like the Insanity workouts better. They are more upbeat, fast paced and not at all boring! Insanity is great for plyo and cardio while P90x is great for lifting.
        You are either already very fit or you are doing it wrong! It is my first week and my legs and shoulders are still hurting from earlier in the week. I could get through the yoga but not without alot of swearing! Not a beginners routine by any means.

World_So_Cold

Comment

Just got my DVD's two days ago and did the first workout this morning after work. This is seriously no joke. I'm a year out of the academy and I would like to think I kept myself in good shape. My arms felt like they were going to fall off and the ab ripper completely destroyed me. This is going to be fun

Comment

Anybody starting this Monday? I am starting and would like to have a partner to join in on the misery with me. And does anyone got any good diet tips or supps that get the best results?

Comment

Its a very solid program, the plyo is killer on the legs

Originally posted by Danelus View Post
              Just got my DVD's two days ago and did the first workout this morning after work. This is seriously no joke. I'm a year out of the academy and I would like to think I kept myself in good shape. My arms felt like they were going to fall off and the ab ripper completely destroyed me. This is going to be fun

Comment

Where did you guys order P90X? Did you get it direct from their website, or is there another vendor which sells it for less?

Also - where did you get the resistance bands and pullup bar? How much of a "deal" do you get if you order those with the P90X? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MNsquad View Post
                  Where did you guys order P90X? Did you get it direct from their website, or is there another vendor which sells it for less?

Also - where did you get the resistance bands and pullup bar? How much of a "deal" do you get if you order those with the P90X? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  I ordered it online but I got the pull-up bar at CVS. You don't need to get there bands. You can find them in any store...Walmarts, Target, Dicks. Also, if you do order a bunch of stuff they send you a certificate to get something for free.

World_So_Cold

Comment

What supplements and/or vitamins are you all taking with the program?

Comment

• I have always taken Centrum, Caltrate, B Complex, Glucosamine/Chondrotin, Fish Oil and I added Creatine. They now have pills instead of the powder where you do not have to "load" and they do not retain water as it used to.

I had alot of trouble with the diet. I was supposed to eat 2700 calories and I just bloated right up (too much sodium foods...turkey sausage, turkey hamburger meat, turkey anything other than buying the actual bird, also buckwheat powder for pancakes..all killed me). So then I backed down to the 1400-1700 that I was doing previously and I was waking up at 3 or 4am STARVING!! I actually gained weight.

The Plyometrics beat the hell out of my body in general (I weight lift...never really any cardio).

So, I'm a mess. I have to go back to my usual routine while I introduce a 1700 calorie diet with yoga and the Ab Ribber X and back on thre treadmill for the rest of this month. By the 1st I will introduce the weight lifting while adjusting the diet then by mid October I can introduce the cardio and adjust my diet again.

Adding 1000 calories a day and jumping around all over the place right away was just too much of a shock to the system and I wasn't going to wait a month to adjust.

World_So_Cold

Comment

• I just ordered this today. I wanted to switch it up a bit. I will post after 90 days with resuts etc
                        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• look on craigslist.... I bought mine off a guy on Craigslist that sells them as wholesale prices... brand new in original wraping for $60 or $80 bucks... i cant really remember. I havent started yet, really havent hand the motivation.

Comment

• anyone know were i can get a copy of the food guide for what you should eat and also the weekly workout calander as i have had this set and would like to start using it but i dont have the food guide or workout calander?

Comment

• http://teambeachbody.com/get-fit/fit...workout-sheets

for anyone else out there, the excel worksheets for p90x on this site is pretty awesome, it gives you a meal plan along with the worksheets, calendar, nutrition plan, and all sorts of calculators to get you through the 90 days and track your progress. it might take a bit to play with but seems efficient!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12309 users online. 450 members and 11859 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X