300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Way To Get Back In The Grove Of Things

I have been out of the gym for a while, and have gained almost a 100 pounds. I would like to just do cardio for the time, and start back on the weights once I drop about 50 or so pounds. Anyway, what cardio program or excercises should I do to get my heart and body back into the grove without over doing it???? Any advice helps
    Nothing worth having comes easy...earn it

Change your diet first.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

I was in the same boat as you. I needed to get my cardio going again. I started the couch to 5k program. Without doing any serious running, after just a couple weeks I am at 2.5 miles every other day. Great program. There is a thread on here about it or you can google it. I changed my diet and started running, I have lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks.
      "The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not: Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?"

Comment

change your diet, start walking, then running!

Comment

I'll throw my 2 cents worth in for free. Walking is great but I think running is hard on the joints, especially for a heavy person. If it were me I would bicycle instead, in the winter I'd have a stationary one at home or go to the gym.

Comment

Start lifting weights now! Don't wait until you lose 50 lbs. Muscle burns calories at a faster rate than fat, so adding muscle by lifting weights will help you lose weight faster. Congrats on taking the first step.

Comment

If you need to lose 100 pounds, you probably need to consult with a physician about what you can do/start with without killing yourself in the process. I lost 35 pounds by changing my diet and without spending one second in the gym. I think the doc will tell you to change your diet and start walking. Start with baby steps and set reasonable goals--it's going to take a long time to lose 100 pounds.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6823 users online. 253 members and 6570 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X