300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from Weight lifting to Calisthenics

I recently stopped lifting weights, frankly it gets boring in my opinion.I practice Martial arts,Calisthenics and recently Park our,it gives me a rush, I never have felt a rush like what Park our gives me in my life,I have a few buddies who are starting a Team also.The only down part about it is, getting home your whole body is sore, Abs,legs,arms,back,every muscle part,my body stays sore for about 2/3 days.Although I haven't had many injuries except my foot has a bruised bone,which will eventually heal.

Park our seems to be an all around Body conditioner,works your entire body.The Police seem to not mind the Sport also,so that is good.I really wouldn't want to be looked at in society as a Criminal for practicing a Sport :P I personally look at it as God gave you a life to live, I am still young so I will do all the activities I enjoy that pertains to me.I have received great benefits from Weight training,but I need something more to my liking,my question is with the right nutrition and protein, individuals who practice park our can also be strong right? I don't care about being able to lift 200 lbs anymore I would rather be able to walk on my hands for a period of time and Perform many pull ups and such,very strong upper body strength.
    "Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure"~ Don Wilder

Im not sure what the point of your post was, but I say do/use whatever physical training routine works for you.
    www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

o...........k...........
      Retired 02/01/13

Comment

I personnally like to combine weight training, cardio, and body weight movements for an overall affect.

Comment

Yeah i know it sounds weird, thus the public looks at you weird when you practice Park our ,they don't know the fun their missing though

Comment

Originally posted by KentuckyCO View Post
            Yeah i know it sounds weird, thus the public looks at you weird when you practice Park our ,they don't know the fun their missing though
            Parkour is definitely an athletic based "sport." Not just anyone can do it. Plenty of agility, strength and balance required.

Again...still not sure of the point of your first post, or why you are splitting the word...its Parkour...not Park our.
            www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

yeah

Originally posted by brownj21 View Post
              Parkour is definitely an athletic based "sport." Not just anyone can do it. Plenty of agility, strength and balance required.

Again...still not sure of the point of your first post, or why you are splitting the word...its Parkour...not Park our.
              10-4 The spell check was allowing the dash in Park our,yes its very Athletic,some Traceurs think Police should go through some training

The post was intended to say I have moved on from weight training onto other training.and will Parkour allow ones ability to be strong still,not weight strong but strength wise?

Comment

Originally posted by KentuckyCO View Post
                10-4 The spell check was allowing the dash in Park our,yes its very Athletic,some Traceurs think Police should go through some training

The post was intended to say I have moved on from weight training onto other training.and will Parkour allow ones ability to be strong still,not weight strong but strength wise?
                Dash? What are you talking about in that first paragraph??? There is no dash between any part of the word, no spaces either.

Anyways, back on topic, I would say that the advantage of parkour is that it helps to develop other aspects of athleticism along with strength. Remember, its all about your own goals. If you dont want to bench 300 and deadlift 500, thats perfectly fine with me. If you dont want to run a mile in 6 minutes, thats fine as well. Parkour will surely develop some strength, but nothing groundbreaking (as exampled above). It will be more about strength to bodyweight ratio with parkour (much like bodyweight training).

Again, do what you enjoy and do what helps you reach your personal fitness goals. I personally think parkour would give SOME benefits to a patrolman that some other types of training would not.
                www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Just looked up parkour, it looks very applicable to police work. However, I would still combine standard stuff that would improve parkour, pull-ups, push-ups, jumping, etc. Maybe even some olympic movements to improve power and speed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11313 users online. 406 members and 10907 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X