300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muscle mass gains?

Suggestions on how to gain muscle mass. I take Superpump 250 pre-workout and then a protein shake within 30 mins post workout. I have seen results in the past, but recently those results are at a staul. I work my upperbody, core and lower body on a weekly basis. Any help is needed.
    If you can read this..... Thank a teacher
    If you can read this in English..... Thank a veteran
    Iraq war veteran and proud!

Add squats to your routine. Short, high-intensity workouts, taking each set to muscle failure. By working to muscle failure, your muscles get the signal to grow. Squatting works the biggest muscles in the body, and they release all the good chemicals that signal your mucles, ALL of your muscles, to GROW. Also, avoid over-training. Don't work any major muscle group more than twice a week.

Also, make sure you're getting a full eight hours of sleep, each night. Your muscles can't grow if you don't take the time to give them the opportunity to do so.

You might start boosting your protein intake, as well. Breakfast, mid-morning take a protein shake. Lunch, then mid-afternoon, take a protein shake. Work out, post-workout supper. Evening, take another protein shake. Do this for a couple of weeks and check your results. Adjust as needed.
    Last edited by BCSD Frank; 01-19-2010, 12:00 PM.
    Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

Comment

I need to know your eating, water, and sleeping habits to give you suggestions. Furthermore, I need to know what kind of training are you doing, meaning machines, free weights, body weight. The first rule is free weights for gaining true muscle mass.
      Last edited by _GLOCK_; 01-19-2010, 05:32 PM.

Comment

+1 on the free weights.

Comment

DEADLIFT.

Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

Yep. Deadlift is another good one. Deadlifts and squats are king.

Comment

Also, remember that diet dictates mass gains more than training. If you are not in a caloric surplus you will not gain mass. Other than that do as mentioned: bench press, squat, dead lift, standing shoulder press, bb rows... Compound Lifts is where it's at for mass.
              A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood. - General George Patton

Comment

Bicep curls and make sure you do them in the squat rack!

Comment

Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                  Bicep curls and make sure you do them in the squat rack!
                  +1000000

Lol, but on the serious... I hate everyone that does that.
                  Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

I have squatted and deadlifted for almost 18 years. Two of those years I did not do squats or deads. My body just did not look the same, it looked weaker, and none of my other lifts were what they are now that I have incorprated them back the past year.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4792 users online. 278 members and 4514 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X