300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight day to day... Grrrr

On a diet right now and watching what I eat and exercising. I have been losing weight pretty consistently so this week I started to weigh myself every day in the morning...

Anyone know why I would have gained 2lbs from one day to the next without changing anything in my diet ... its really discouraging to see...Overall I am still kicking butt for weight loss but jeeeez...

I know weight fluctuates day to day, but a gain while on a diet? What are some natural factors that causes this?

I am putting up the scale and going back to only checking my weight once a week so I dont start obsessing on what the numbers are going to say... My offical "2 week" weigh in will be on thursday where I will post on my other thread about my new years resolution...

Be well

Big Cop
    Retired 02/01/13

I would not worry too much about unless either it keeps going up or does not keep going down.

Weight changes day to day, sodium intake / water retention (or not drinking enough water can also cause this), I’ve read that sodium intake/water retention can account for up to 5 pounds of water weight.

The last time you ate compared to how long your body is taking to digest it and pass anything through.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
    (")_(")
    Copy and paste Bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

Ditch the scale and remember muscle weighs more than fat but takes up less space. Perhaps you've put on some muscle.

Comment

Day to day weighing will kill your motivation big time! Water retention can play a role, and in my experience if you eat beef the day before you weigh yourself it can give you a false "high" reading, I think it is digested more slowly or something. My wife has also found this to be the case.

It's also very true that muscle is heavier, but another thing I've noticed is that a couple of days of decent weight training after being away from it for a while and my weight goes up, despite eating the same and doing 20 minutes of cardio followed by a 40-50 minute circuit on machines and dumbbells.

Comment

Originally posted by GoodWitness View Post
          Day to day weighing will kill your motivation big time!
          ^ This.

Do not weigh yourself every day. Period. Just dont do it. Once a week (same day, same time) should be the max.
          www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

As above. Do not weigh yourself everyday--there is just too much natural variation.

Comment

water weight maybe?

look at the mirror instead of the scale.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcop97 View Post
                On a diet right now and watching what I eat and exercising. I have been losing weight pretty consistently so this week I started to weigh myself every day in the morning...
                Stop doing that. Once per week max. Check actual bodyfat vs bodyweight:

http://www.accumeasurefitness.com/
                - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

GO GO GO by the mirror and the way your clothes fit. One day you may wake up and say "Man these pants are fitting loose." Then you check the scale and it has not gone down then you are mentally jacked. Do not do it!!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13051 users online. 495 members and 12556 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X