300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• situps and legs

I have been doing situps,getting ready for what is hopefully a police academy in the future. I have been doing the navy seal workout of situps/pushups. While doing situps, my legs (thighs) are burning. How do i fix this? Tips? Once they start burning it is hard to finish.

Gut it out until you can't do anymore. Make sure you are properly hydrating yourself, and eating the proper nutrition after your workouts. The last thing is make sure you take your Rest days. As my friend Glock so wisely says.
    " your muscles don't change in the gym-they change when your sleeping or watching TV"
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Do more situps
      Rest
      Do more situps

Comment

Either water or some other fire safe product applied generously to the burning area should fix it...

But really, you are probably using a muscle in your legs to assist you with your situps that is out of shape and not used often... Best thing to do is keep working it and get it in better shape... dont go so hard that it is injured though
        Retired 02/01/13

Comment

I used to have the same problem in my hip flexors. Just keep working through it.

Comment

Your hip flexors are weak and need strengthening. As already stated, more sit-ups and well, suck it up, they will get stronger. In addition, try flutter kicks or as some call them scissor kicks.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcop97 View Post
              Either water or some other fire safe product applied generously to the burning area should fix it...

LOl, is it me, or is he recommending Prepration H cream for the fire in this man legs. I dont know, does prep h reduce burning.

Comment

Exodus is bang on the money. I've just started a program to build muscular endurance and the formula is 3-4 sets of 10-15 reps with the heaviest weight to allow you to complete 10 reps, and build up the reps to 15, then increase the weight. Makes perfect sense that the hip flexors need to build endurance.

You could also try wall-sits, slide your back down a wall until your knees are bent about 90 degrees, and hold that position for as long as possible. You'll feel the burn!

Comment

Can someone clarify whether or not the academy makes you do crunch or sit-ups...?

I have a hard time doing sit-ups all the way up, but I heard that the proper form is like a crunch now...?
                  A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood. - General George Patton

Comment

Switch out your workout, (ie: more standing squats,leg presses etc.) Confuse the muscles help for me. Other than that just keep doing them and eventually pain should subside! Also eat some bananas helps believe it or not!
                    Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none - William Shakespeare
                    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.- James Mattis
                    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. - Lt. Gen. George S. Patton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cFL80PN3wA&sns=em

Comment

Originally posted by urbancowboy View Post
                      Can someone clarify whether or not the academy makes you do crunch or sit-ups...?

I have a hard time doing sit-ups all the way up, but I heard that the proper form is like a crunch now...?
                      Avoid pulling on your neck! Cross arms across your chest.....! Other than this small tidbit I can't help you on your first part of the two part my friend!
                      Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none - William Shakespeare
                      Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.- James Mattis
                      It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. - Lt. Gen. George S. Patton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cFL80PN3wA&sns=em

Comment

Situps so far this week, have NOT been as bad as last week. I guess time and getting the hip flexor stronger will help. Good question! Do they test sit ups. I thought hands behind the head was the way they test them.

Comment

The weird thing is I have trouble doing a FULL sit-up without my feet coming off the ground. I feel like I am in pretty good shape, and have decent core strength, but I can't even do one FULL one without someone standing on my feet...?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comment

Can you "Grease the Groove" with these Exodus...? I have been using that technique for push-ups and it has really been helping me in just a week...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10859 users online. 500 members and 10359 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X