300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodybuilding Competition

Anyone here ever compete in a bodybuilding show? I will be competing this year. I am just curious as to the experience of those who have actually been on stage.
    Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

I competed years ago, did well, however, I found out it is not really my thing, no stage fright or anything like that, just not my thing. I can say this, be lean at least two weeks out, and DON'T!!! try any stupid last minute carb, water, sodium manipulation tricks. If you are lean, you are lean. I was 205-lbs eight days out and ripped, then I tried some last minute tricks, and ended up 196lbs, flat as a pancake, with nine-lbs of muscle I could not get back.

Comment

Originally posted by _GLOCK_ View Post
      I competed years ago, did well, however, I found out it is not really my thing, no stage fright or anything like that, just not my thing. I can say this, be lean at least two weeks out, and DON'T!!! try any stupid last minute carb, water, sodium manipulation tricks. If you are lean, you are lean. I was 205-lbs eight days out and ripped, then I tried some last minute tricks, and ended up 196lbs, flat as a pancake, with nine-lbs of muscle I could not get back.
      lol..i competed in two shows last year. had a similar experience. my second show i was a bit more full. my muscle has come back though. strict powerlifting regiment works wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by pujolsfan146 View Post
        Anyone here ever compete in a bodybuilding show? I will be competing this year. I am just curious as to the experience of those who have actually been on stage.
        be prepared for some of the hardest things to deal with that you ever experienced and you'll succeed. prepare for the worst and it wont seem as bad. you'll be tired at times and feel great at others. the last two weeks are the hardest and most miserable. but have fun with it. i had a blast but i dont know if i would do it again. it takes a toll on the body.

Comment

It is cool getting super ripped, I mean most see someone lean and say he is ripped, well they are what I call beach ripped. On stage ripped is another realm. I have pics of me ten days out from my show and I was a freak. Again all I can say is give yourself plenty of time to come down. Some days you will look and feel like crap, others you will look and feel great. Getting ripped, and then coast on into the show, eat and do what got you ripped. On the day of the show eat your normal food maybe a touch more, and sip water.

I can also say this, most pros will drop all supplements about two weeks out.

Comment

My wife did two shows a couple years ago.

She was completely insane the last week before the show, food/water deprived. She would kill someone for the breadcrumbs on their shirt.

After the show (1stin one 2nd in the other) she drank a glass of water so she could cry with joy, then went to Macaroni grill and made herself sick for three days by overeating.

Oh yeah, fun sport.

M-11
            “All men dream...... But not equally..
            Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
            but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
            for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Ya you cant eat like that right after, you have to gradually start eating more of what you want.

Comment

I greatly appreciate all the input. I am stoked about doing this. I got into weight lifting after my last surgery simply because I wanted to tone down. After about three years of lifting I decided toning down wasnt good enough. I wanted to get completely ripped. It seemed natural to want to compete after that. I have put a lot of research into it. I am trying to fine tune my skills so I can do this right. I have a few questions. If any of you don't mind send me a pm to let me know if you are willing to answer a couple questions about the nutrition and supplemental part.

As part of doing this I have made my goal clear to some of my buddies. They are all about going to the competition. Makes me that much more accountable.
                Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                  Last edited by _GLOCK_; 06-01-2012, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
                    My wife did two shows a couple years ago.

She was completely insane the last week before the show, food/water deprived. She would kill someone for the breadcrumbs on their shirt.

After the show (1stin one 2nd in the other) she drank a glass of water so she could cry with joy, then went to Macaroni grill and made herself sick for three days by overeating.

Oh yeah, fun sport.

M-11
                    My wife does Figure and started competing in 09. So far she has won 1st place in both and going down to WA in April. She gets pretty crazy too. The last one she drank a bunch of red wine to add some color and to carb up a bit. She would only dab her lips with water at times on game day.
                    One thing she said was that posing itself is tough and is a workout.

TGY
                    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13051 users online. 492 members and 12559 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X