Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IwantTobeANYSP View Post
    Thanks a lot for that.

I see that it shows "Fish, Protein shake, recovery drink" and some other things...

Would i be able to substitute fish for something else? I'm allergic to fish and do i have to use the P90X recovery drink and protein shake? If not, what will be a good substitute for all three of those?

And what exactly is the Level I, level II, Level III exactly? I can't seem to understand it... =[

Thank You
    You can substitute any lean meat for the fish (turkey breast, chicken breast or even lean beef).

You can use any brand protein shake, you dont have to use theirs. Optimum Nutrition (often called ON) is a highly rated brand that doesnt cost too much and has a ton of flavors available. Obviously there are plenty of others out there as well (EAS, Syntha 6, Muscle Milk, etc etc etc), just stick with a whey protein.

Im not sure what you are asking about in regards to Level 1, 2 or 3. If you mean Phase 1, 2 or 3, thoe are simply the months of the program. 90 days breaks down into 3 months, so Phase 1 is month 1, Phase 2 is month 2, etc.

If thats not what you are referring to, please explain.
    www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Nevermind, i figured it out i was just a bit confused.

So, i have another question. Would it be a wise idea to get one of those pull up machine things... i forgot what their called but im not talking about the iron gym or anything. I really wish i knew what they were called, they show it in the video for P90X.

Next, so i can either use dumbbells or resistance bands, correct?

Which ones should i use or should i use both...? If dumbbells are suggested, should i go with the power blocks? or if the bands are suggested what bands should i go with?
      NYPD Exam:2311
      Let the process begin!

NCPD Exam:2000
      Score: Pending...

SCPD
      Score: Passed/No call

Suffolk Corrections:
      Score: Passed/No call yet

Suffolk Parks:

Suffolk Sheriff:

PAPD
      Score: Qualified.

NYSP
      Exam: Oct 12th 2013

Comment

Originally posted by IwantTobeANYSP View Post
        Nevermind, i figured it out i was just a bit confused.

So, i have another question. Would it be a wise idea to get one of those pull up machine things... i forgot what their called but im not talking about the iron gym or anything. I really wish i knew what they were called, they show it in the video for P90X.

Next, so i can either use dumbbells or resistance bands, correct?

Which ones should i use or should i use both...? If dumbbells are suggested, should i go with the power blocks? or if the bands are suggested what bands should i go with?
        What pullup machine are you referring to? The only thing they use for pullup type movements is a pullup bar in every video/commercial that I have ever seen.

Yes, you can use dumbbells OR resistance bands OR both. I would say that dumbbells are better/preferred for this. Powerblocks are GREAT for this type of workout, because you can change the weight lightning fast (I had a set for like 3 years).

I cannot recommend any particular bands from personal experience and as I said, dumbbells are a bit better. But some that I have heard good things about are the iron woody ones and the jump stretch bands. Of course beachbody (P90X's parent company) sells bands that are supposed to be good as well.
        www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Originally posted by brownj21 View Post
          What pullup machine are you referring to? The only thing they use for pullup type movements is a pullup bar in every video/commercial that I have ever seen.

Yes, you can use dumbbells OR resistance bands OR both. I would say that dumbbells are better/preferred for this. Powerblocks are GREAT for this type of workout, because you can change the weight lightning fast (I had a set for like 3 years).

I cannot recommend any particular bands from personal experience and as I said, dumbbells are a bit better. But some that I have heard good things about are the iron woody ones and the jump stretch bands. Of course beachbody (P90X's parent company) sells bands that are supposed to be good as well.

If i were to go with the powerblocks which ones should i go with? and how many pounds should i get? they seem to be very pricey too =[.
          NYPD Exam:2311
          Let the process begin!

NCPD Exam:2000
          Score: Pending...

SCPD

Suffolk Corrections:

Suffolk Parks:

Suffolk Sheriff:

PAPD
          Score: Qualified.

NYSP
          Exam: Oct 12th 2013

Comment

The perfect pushup is great!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9115 users online. 492 members and 8623 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X