300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wing Chun?

Has anyone trained in Wing Chun? It is very direct which appeals to me. I have a little Arnis training and I know the two have been mixed. Has anyone applied WC on the street. My ASP training is Arnis based and great.

Thanks,

John Runer

In case your like me and have absolutely no idea what wing chun is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gFbUc2-d8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ui6rj58DA0

Comment

A family friend of mine is a Wing Chun expert. He's a short, overweight man, who I know for a fact could kill just about anyone he got close enough to with his bare hands.

I've watched a few training sessions with him and his martial arts buddies, it's absolutely worth learning. He convinced me of the discipline's effectiveness when he had a person sit on a chair in the middle of the room holding a phone book in front of their chest. He then put his fist 1 or 2 inches away from the phone book. Next thing I know the guy is flung across a room to hit the wall 5 feet behind him.

If you can find a good instructor go for it. The friend has taught me about a dozen moves and if I ever got into a situation where I had to defend myself unarmed or with a stick I would be very, very confident I could come out of that just fine.

Comment

I read it as wang chung. LOL Oops
        "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
        Not Yet Visited: 16
        Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Check out Kyokushin (and it's derivatives: Seido, Enshin, Ashihara, etc.). They are very practical.

Comment

i have a little, very little experience. in my old boxing gym, we had a few excellent practioners and they would hold a class now and then...i did a couple and practiced a few different trapping, stick, and knife offense/defense moves...

it seemed to me, to be the kind of martial art that could get the student VERY hurt in an actual situation. a false sense of security against a guy w/ a knife is probably the best way to get stabbed.

i think someone considered an 'expert' is one bad mother, not to be messed with......but a casual practioner might not really get to a usable level of experience for a long time.

its a HELLUVA lot of fun though training

Comment

Ever heard of Wing Chun? I do not know like did anyone famous ever use it, like maybe Bruce Lee?
              Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8413 users online. 227 members and 8186 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X