300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food question.

I know this is likely the dumbest question asked in the health and fitness category but I swear I have the most difficult time figuring out the nutritional side of getting in shape.

In any case, I cannot cook. I have tried to branch out and teach myself some things though and recently found this meal:

Penne with Chicken and Asparagus

I cook it on Sunday evening and it makes it enough for four lunches - Mon-Thur - which is great for me. I add a total of 5 chicken breasts, not just the 1 or 2 the recipe calls for, to up the protein content. I also use whole wheat pasta and add tomatoes.

So, is this a decent meal? I hear pasta is bad because of the processed carbs but I figure since it's whole wheat, and eaten during lunch (I workout normally 3 hours afterward) it shouldn't be a big deal.

I am asking this because I am really struggling trying to get rid of the last bit of fat around on my stomach. I know you cannot spot remove fat but I swear this last bit is driving me mad. Because I know it comes down to nutrition I figured I'd ask about this meal since I eat it so often.

Thanks everyone.

Lose weight you might consider this...eat lots lean proteins, lots of veggies and fruits, lots of seeds/nuts, little starches, no processed sugar.

Comment

USDA web site

Check this out:

http://www.ars.usda.gov/Services/docs.htm?docid=7783

Navigating the USDA nutritional web site has helped me work out nutritional factors for various foods - especially when cooking with fresh ingredients or farm-purchased (the local farm stand is four houses down from me), there is no label showing calories, fiber, protein, carbs, or whatnot.

Just a little something that might help in your journey. I am not a nutritionist and don't want to judge your food, as different diets are for different folks.

Have you tried working through a nutritionist? Just a thought. Good luck!
      Last edited by Nessmuk; 12-21-2009, 12:07 PM. Reason: gnilleps
      The opinions expressed here are from the individual only and do not represent the view of any agency that the poster may be affiliated with

Comment

Just remember, what do they feed pigs and cattle to fatten them up...grains. It'll do the same to you.

Comment

Originally posted by MCSD241 View Post
          Just remember, what do they feed pigs and cattle to fatten them up...grains. It'll do the same to you.
          That's a clever observation, but there's more going on at the farm. We also go out of our way to minimize the freedom of movement domesticated animals have. Less movement = less calories burned. So, they eat more, move less, and get fat. Just like people.

The real key to long-term weight loss is calorie control.

Comment

i would reccomend cutting out ALL carbs w/ the exception of some simple carbs immediately post workout and a serving of whole grains w/in an hour post workout.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2189 users online. 139 members and 2050 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X