Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's perfect for pull-ups and chin-ups, however, if you're taller than about 6'2" you'll start to run into issues with the height of an average doorway. I'm 6' and I just start from a dead hang with my legs bent back at the knees so i'm not touching the floor. There's a few more potential inches of height clearance but realistically, if you're really tall this won't work for you.
    Otherwise, it's fine.
    Applied USSS 1811 0809, TEA 1009, Initial 1109, BQA'd 1209

Applied Federal Agency 0083 0310, Phone 1010

Comment

I have the iron gym and now use it for pullups only, after having used it for pushups and situps. My problem with sit ups and the iron gym for PT tests is the position of your feet. Placing my feet flat on the ground and having someone hold them works my thighs much more than using a bench or the iron gym.

If you don't need to test for pullups, I wouldn't get the iron gym. If you do need to test for pull ups, I'm 6'1 and have no problems with it.

As a side note...I've been using the two workouts below and they seem to be very good direction to increasing numbers.

www.hundredpushups.com
      www.twohundredsitups.com

Comment

Originally posted by SCPD10 View Post
        Hi guys, so I found out how the sit ups have to be done.

They have to be done with your hands locked behind your head and your chest have to touch your knees.

I hope this info helps
        Your CHEST has to touch your knees?? Seriously?
        www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Originally posted by brownj21 View Post
          The agency I am employed with also uses this technique. Funny, when I was testing with other agencies prior to my employment, it was just the elbows that needed to touch.

Chest to knees is harder to do, or at least, takes longer to do. I used to knock out 60 sit-ups in 1 min from elbows to knee -- chest to knee it's about about 53-55 a min.

Comment

Originally posted by mp1161 View Post
            The agency I am employed with also uses this technique. Funny, when I was testing with other agencies prior to my employment, it was just the elbows that needed to touch.

Chest to knees is harder to do, or at least, takes longer to do. I used to knock out 60 sit-ups in 1 min from elbows to knee -- chest to knee it's about about 53-55 a min.
            Seems a bit much imo. Also, wouldnt those be the situps that ARENT recommended bc of the strain on the back?
            www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Seems a bit much imo. Also, wouldnt those be the situps that ARENT recommended bc of the strain on the back?
              Don't know... wouldn't doubt it.

Comment

I know thats what I thought, but I asked one of the trainers at the academy and that is what he said.
                SCPD

Comment

Originally posted by Tinman210 View Post
                  I have the iron gym and now use it for pullups only, after having used it for pushups and situps. My problem with sit ups and the iron gym for PT tests is the position of your feet. Placing my feet flat on the ground and having someone hold them works my thighs much more than using a bench or the iron gym.

If you don't need to test for pullups, I wouldn't get the iron gym. If you do need to test for pull ups, I'm 6'1 and have no problems with it.

As a side note...I've been using the two workouts below and they seem to be very good direction to increasing numbers.

www.hundredpushups.com
                  www.twohundredsitups.com
                  How many weeks are you into the www.hundredpushups.com, are you right at the goals that are expected? thanks
                  SCPD

Comment

No, the improvement isn't as great as I expected. There's no way that I am going to increase my max by 10 reps over 2 weeks. It's more like plus 1 or 2 reps every two weeks. I am still stuck between weeks 4 and 5.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11987 users online. 445 members and 11542 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X