300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Gym Has Been Taken Over!!

Well every year for the past decade I hate January-February and the " New Years Resolution" People. Mind you I think that's a great resolution. Over 10 years it's the same thing I witness. Machines are being used for congregating. Free weights are not put back, and machines are not wiped off.

The gym smells like a Macy's counter and there is more Gel on the weight benches. I don't mind the additional members but just once I would love to see a little Gym Etiquette. Mind you I am trying to get my work out in, yet being the man I am I continuously stop and help someone out who either has to much weight on the bar and I am the only one to lift it off of them or the lady who is sitting on the Lat Pull down back wards.

I feel like an ***hol- for saying " Do you mind if I work in" mind you the *** was on the machine for 20 minutes banging out a whopping 4 reps.
    Then I get the " I have one more to do" here goes another 10 minutes.

Granted this is a few months of pain but this year it has stared a month early.

My rant is done. Am I the only one who hates that?
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

There is never a line at the squat rack or the Pullup bar.

M-11
    “All men dream...... But not equally..
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
    but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
    for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Unfortunately our squat rack is a smith machine. Most drag the benches over and throw on the 45's to work chest.

The pull up bar is connected to the cable pulls. But I like how you think.
      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

the gym i went to a person had to wait in line to get to use the bench press. My friend use to fart on command to get rid of people so he can work out peacefully. I Join a 24fitness so i can work out early in the morning around 4 am

Comment

Oh please, oh please, can I rant too?

Mine is the day after thanksgiving people..

You know, know matter what time or day you go to the gym, you usually see the same people there. Doesn't matter if you know them or not but for some reason () there is now an odd number of new faces that are basically a waste of gym space.

They are on their phones or look like this: "" when trying to figure out a machine or make up exercises with their dumbbells..or walk around aimlessly doing random workouts with no routine.

All better

Comment

Ah yes, some of the many reasons that I use (and advocate other to use) a home gym.
            No lines, it never closes, nobody else there to deal with, play the music you want, go early, go late, add certain specialty equipment that you want (I have a climbing rope, kegs, tires, sledgehammer, plyo boxes, gym rings, heavy bag, etc)and dont waste space on useless junk....etc etc etc.
            www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Originally posted by Futurelaw89 View Post
              Oh please, oh please, can I rant too?

Mine is the day after thanksgiving people..

You know, know matter what time or day you go to the gym, you usually see the same people there. Doesn't matter if you know them or not but for some reason () there is now an odd number of new faces that are basically a waste of gym space.

They are on their phones or look like this: "" when trying to figure out a machine or make up exercises with their dumbbells..or walk around aimlessly doing random workouts with no routine.

All better
              We must've seen each other one time or another at the gym.

Comment

My personal favorite is the guy who you can tell has a lot of natural strength but is also fat. They usually show up every 2-3 weeks or so. He comes in, loads up the bench press with a ton of weight, making sure everyone is watching, maxes out a couple times, and then leaves.
                Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

Comment

What about the fat chick WALKING with zero incline on the treadmill for about an hour, the day after T-giving? She finishes a mile or two, does a situp, bangs out a couple of arm curls with 5 lb weights, then walks around for the rest of the week talking about how sore she is... and doesn't go back to the gym until the day before the office christmas party. Argh!

Comment

Originally posted by brownj21 View Post
                    Ah yes, some of the many reasons that I use (and advocate other to use) a home gym.
                    No lines, it never closes, nobody else there to deal with, play the music you want, go early, go late, add certain specialty equipment that you want (I have a climbing rope, kegs, tires, sledgehammer, plyo boxes, gym rings, heavy bag, etc)and dont waste space on useless junk....etc etc etc.
                    +100
                    Plus there's no parking hassle, nobody sitting butt naked on the locker room bench no worrying about where someone last had their hands, no waiting for the gym jaws to actually use the machine they're sitting on, no threesomes asking if they could "work in".

Comment

LMAO.

It is starting earlier this year than usual. I hope to god it only lasts the typical month or two. There is the fair share of entertainment too, like the girls falling off treadmills because they can't walk and talk to the cell at the same time.
                      "Character is someone you are when no one is watching."

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                        +100
                        Plus there's no parking hassle, nobody sitting butt naked on the locker room bench no worrying about where someone last had their hands, no waiting for the gym jaws to actually use the machine they're sitting on, no threesomes asking if they could "work in".
                        Oh yeah, like I said, there are MANY reasons why I will not return to a commercial gym unless my circumstances seriously change. Some of the ones listed so far are minor compared to the way I was treated at my last gym.
                        www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

I used to work out at a gym at a local university. It was the pre-summer crowd that irritated me the most.

Now I've been hired onto a department with a fitness center. Problem solved.
                          "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer

"Religions do make claims about the universe--the same kinds of claims that scientists make, except they're usually false."

Comment

This is why I'm so glad we have a fantastic gym at our office. Its open 24 hours, has great equipment and we, as a group of users, decide what new equipment to buy. Its rare that you have to deal with other people and when you do its other cops dedicated to getting fit.

I'll admit, we get a few New Years guys in the gym, but they are usually good about not ****ing off the regulars. They actually ask for and follow advice. Every once and awhile, we get a new convert out of it to.
                            \

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post

M-11
                              Unfortunately at my gym the big tough guys love to do curls in the squat racks even though there is a whole rack of straight bars....I guess you can't show off your big arms unless its in the squat racks. I have been sick so I have'nt been since Friday, im not looking forward to all the resolutioners.

I love the people who tie up multiple sets of dumbells, and have them scattered all about the floor.
                              sigpic"To punish and enslave"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2104 users online. 119 members and 1985 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X