300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdid ab workout... Ouch

A couple of hours ago, it seemed like a really good idea to go absolutely gonzo on an intense ab workout. At one point, I even got in a "who can hold plank position longest" with a gym rat who is so ripped that he looks like he was molded out of plastic. I have no idea what got into me.

Any way, I am already starting to hurt. Tomorrow is going to totally suck. Has anyone else ever totally tore up their tummy muscles? How do you heal a hurting torso? I am almost afraid to go to sleep tonight...

contrast showers

Comment

Protein will help. Citrus fruits mainly for the vitamin C. Rest. Seems like Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. Google that and if the pain is more severe than a doctor will be your best bet.
      Dispatch: "All units be advised, he's on foot in a red dodge pick up truck."
      Me: "Ummm, control..."

Comment

Expect to be hurting for a week or so.

Comment

I take amino acids everyday along with a multi vitamin that is suppose to help with the muscle soreness after workouts. It's a horsepill, but seems to help.

Comment

You know you've worked your abs when you tear up from sneezing.

Been there.

Comment

As posted before, Vitamin-C, post-workout protein shakes (and fast digesting carbs) to help in muscle repair, contrast showers, and last but not least...stretching. After AB exercises I always do the "upward dog" or "dragon" stretch. I've heard it called a couple of things, but here is what I'm talking about..

Last edited by Ncgreg; 11-25-2009, 09:48 AM. Reason: Image Insert. FAIL.
              JSO PO Academy Recruit Candidate
              Application: May 12 2009
              Written: May 27 2009 (Physical postponed due to flooded agility course
              Physical: June 10 2009
              Polygraph: July 17 2009
              Background: TBA
              Oral Board: TBA

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4891 users online. 269 members and 4622 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X