300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Healthy Recipes

Good morning! One of the biggest challenges for me wen I started lifting weights was a good diet. I'm slowly getting better, but I figured I'd share some of the things I've discovered. I'd love to hear your ideas also.

Starting Strength starts with my big breakfast:

3 eggs cooked over-easy in Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Love those runny yokes)
    I season them with garlic, paprika, chili powder, basil, and green tabasco

Toast a whole wheat pita, butter up the inside, spread milled flax seed and baby spinach all over the surface. Place eggs on top, and cover with a thin layer of mozzerella cheese

Serve with 3 sausage links and 2 big glasses of milk.
    68g TOTAL fats, I'm not awake enough to sort them out
    58g carbs

That's a massive breakfast. How many calories do you eat a day?

Comment

Great Breakfast. If you're eating like that, just make sure you take some vitamins to help it out even more. I reccomend Fish oil, Flax seed oils, and any MV's. ZMA is great also.

Comment

I try to eat 4k calories a day. I usually don't. I'm looking forward to coming off of mids in January and having a more normal schedule, I think it'll help.
        I still can't gain a pound.

I take multi vits, fish oil, and sprinkle milled flax seed on anything where I won't notice the taste/texture

Comment

I will look around online after I post, but does anyone have a good source with 3,500-4,000 calorie/day diets?

Thanks, much appreciated!

Comment

Well one set diet for every day get's very repetitive. Myself, I usually somewhat follow the lines of Bruce Lee's diet.
            Avoiding refined flours, smaller portions with more meals, protein drinks, honey and ginseng items, increasing carbs via blending.

here's a sample diet of his

Breakfast
            Food: A bowl of muesli cereal, comprised of whole grains, nuts, and dried fruits, plus 2% milk (semi skimmed).
            Beverage: Orange Juice and/or tea.

Snack
            Juice or Protein Drink: Protein powder, non-instant powdered milk made with water or juice, eggs, wheat germ, bananas, peanut butter. Brewer’s yeast was frequently added.

Lunch
            Food: Meat, vegetables, and rice.
            Beverage: Tea.

Snack
            Juice or Protein Drink: see ingredients for morning-snack protein drink.

Dinner
            Food: Spaghetti and salad, or another meal of rice, vegetables, and meat, chicken, or seafood.
            Beverage: One glass of 2% milk and/or tea.

I personally would add in more dairy products, he tended to avoid them.
            Add in milk for the lunch, and use brown rice, as brown rice has a lower GI and greater fiber and vitamin content. It doesn't taste as good, but cooking it with some red meat will give it some flavor.

Comment

Well, what I do for keeping myself healthy and in shape is only drink water no coke, milk and before lunch and dinner eat salad first that's why I love having lots of dressing recipes, just the other day I found a blue cheese dressing at a free recipes site

Blue Cheese Dressing

1 clove garlic
              Pinch of dry mustard
              1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
              1/4 teaspoon onion salt
              Pinch of white pepper
              1 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
              1/3 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
              Tabasco, to taste
              1/3 cup sour cream
              1 cup mayo
              1 1/2 ounces buttermilk
              3 ounces Maytag Blue CheeseCrush Garlic glove and dice.

Whisk all spices together in the red wine vinegar; add sour cream, then Mayo and then buttermilk. Make sure you leave healthy sized chunks of cheese so your friends get that little surprise.

The salad itself is also important.I always cut the heart out of the Romaine. Better tear the Romaine (rather than cut it). Always peel the tomatoes before slicing and I always seed them. Mix the lettuce and tomatoes in a large bowl. Add the dressing about a tablespoon at a time while continuing to toss. Make sure all items are covered but not smothered. Take some fresh blue cheese (not used in the dressing) and crumble it over the individual salad servings.

You can also hard boil an egg shred and dust the top of salad before serving.As an aside finally, please take the time to find a Blue Cheese OTHER than Danish Blue. It is worth the search.

Hope you like it!

Comment

Originally posted by Item9 View Post
                Good morning! One of the biggest challenges for me wen I started lifting weights was a good diet. I'm slowly getting better, but I figured I'd share some of the things I've discovered. I'd love to hear your ideas also.

Starting Strength starts with my big breakfast:

3 eggs cooked over-easy in Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Love those runny yokes)
                I season them with garlic, paprika, chili powder, basil, and green tabasco

Toast a whole wheat pita, butter up the inside, spread milled flax seed and baby spinach all over the surface. Place eggs on top, and cover with a thin layer of mozzerella cheese

Serve with 3 sausage links and 2 big glasses of milk.
                68g TOTAL fats, I'm not awake enough to sort them out
                58g carbs

Hummus, hummus and more hummus. Yes, I like hummus! Can be used on sandwiches to replace mayo and you can dip veggies in it...yum!

Anyway, I don't usually recommend websites to people, but I did join Will Brink's fatlossrevealed.com and he also has bodybuildingrevealed.com (which I have not joined). I must say, even if you do not want to lose fat or "body build" the information there is priceless. There are meal plans and information on just about everything related to eating right for whatever you are trying to accomplish. Great place to get ideas from other forum members as well!

Comment

Dipping whole wheat pitas in hummus is one of my favorite snacks.

Comment

If you want a non-guilty dessert:

1C Almond flour (I grinded almonds in a food processor)
                    3tbsp butter (natural)

mix and put in pie tin, bake for 10-15min on 350 degrees, let cool in fridge for 20-60min (should harden a bit)...

now top it with your favorite yogurt (greek being my favorite, high protein) and fruit if you like. Consider it a yogurt pie.
                    Dispatch: "All units be advised, he's on foot in a red dodge pick up truck."
                    Me: "Ummm, control..."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6829 users online. 363 members and 6466 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X