300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input?

after 8 years of Martial arts training. I have decided to not quit and make it a Lifestyle,I am not a body builder I can see I am very flexible,have excellent learning potential,and have a great Gift given to me and Talent.

I am a martial artist striving to make my punches, Kicks stronger and faster,so i looked to weights for that very reason,because I allways thought the bigger stronger guys would be hard to take down and subdue,I still have that mindset that's what fuels my determination every time i train with larger bodytypes.

There is a word in Japanese called Randori means "free response" which means a'n Uke or Opponent punches at you, you respond freely in what ever technique you like, that way you will see your Pros and Cons and what you have to work on

I think in my mind I have to not only punch them,but in Ninjutsu we are told to look at it as Punching through them all the way to there back,so power and force clouds my mind,training with Black belts only of course,each Ninjutsu practitioner has there own Way,bottom line The training is Survival not Sport some train Light,some train Very hard and Realistic,which means injury's will occur very rapidly.

To get the power and Strength points, i added "Power"College wrestling, and Gracie Jui jitsu "Skill,Technique" I also studied Arnis Knife fighting or Philipino Fighting art" I try to study as many Fighting arts as i can, as i study Nutrition and Muscle building and gain Input from other Officers on this Forum
    "Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure"~ Don Wilder

Not an officer but Bruce Lee has a good book out there called, "The Art of Expressing the Human Body". Should help some as it discusses weight training for the martial artist, nutrition, flexiblity, cardio and even has his own workouts from journals he has written in.
    Dispatch: "All units be advised, he's on foot in a red dodge pick up truck."
    Me: "Ummm, control..."

Comment

^^sounds good

To make sure a bench presser is recruiting all their fast twitch muscles, they will sometimes drop down to 50-60% of their 1RM and do speed reps for ex. 10 sets of 2 speed reps. On the flip side, if for example in your kicks you have the speed, then you just need to instead add some resistance and gain some lean muscle and perhaps enhance muscle recruitment power.

However, swinging a bat with a weight, if done wrong can throw off technique, so make sure to keep doing the regular kicks for example.

Swimming pool, or bags offer resistance.

The thighs, and glutes are easily trained for strength with squats, deadlifts, and lunges, and for the hips just connect something to your foot or use a standing hip machine. I'd incorporate a small rotation in the movement (which you cant do with the seated hip adductor and abductor machines) but not too much, because well thats just a bit risky. Rotator cuffs for example, you rotate them one way, and then the other way, but not all over the place with weights, we only do that while stretching.

Sigh... hope this helps. Ever done muay thai shin kicks?

Comment

Ask a hillbilly how to fight, they can take anyone.
        sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
        Rocky Balboa
        Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

That is interesting what you wrote above. If you are serious about getting better then drop all of that becoming one with your mind and becoming the punch. It all sounds nice but if you want your punches and kicks to get stronger and faster and more natural then practice them over and over again, that is it.

The reason we can walk around without thinking about it and not falling down is that we walk everyday and have taken millions of steps in our life. You just have to throw a few hundred kicks and punches a day and you will become really good. Fighting has to become like walking to you.
          Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

My all time favorite is the Kali stick fighting and Knife fighting, I know my limits

even though The skilled martial artist and such is sure to go to Prison probably if he gets in a fight..Right?

Because on the streets Combat does not believe in Rules or fair fights
            "Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure"~ Don Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by Jiu-Jitsu Cop View Post
              That is interesting what you wrote above. If you are serious about getting better then drop all of that becoming one with your mind and becoming the punch. It all sounds nice but if you want your punches and kicks to get stronger and faster and more natural then practice them over and over again, that is it.

The reason we can walk around without thinking about it and not falling down is that we walk everyday and have taken millions of steps in our life. You just have to throw a few hundred kicks and punches a day and you will become really good. Fighting has to become like walking to you.
              nice.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6351 users online. 374 members and 5977 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X