Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P90x

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • P90x

    Anyone tried this workout system? I've been on it for a week now, and I've got to say it's fun. It brings in a lot of unique things that I haven't seen or done before so some of it is trying.

    If you're not familiar with it the program is a set of DVDs with well explained workouts, and each day brings about a new DVD. You then rotate the DVDs based on a given schedule as well as your progress with the program. There are different DVDs for all the major muscle groups, cardio, kempo, yoga, and plyometrics. Mine came with a nutrtion guide although I'm not trying to lose anything. The whole program is 90 days in length but also designed for continuing work as well.

    I'm in pretty good shape, but this has its challenges. So far the easiest for me has been shoulders and arms if easy is even an applicable word. Plyometrics was the hardest. I just haven't moved like that since I was in school.

  • #2
    I dropped 8 pounds in two weeks and man does that AB ripper work!

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes, it's been discussed a bajillion times. Search for p90x and you'll find some other threads.

      For example:
      http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...highlight=p90x

      http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...highlight=p90x

      http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...highlight=p90x

      Good luck on the program.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by marcusindc View Post
        Yes, it's been discussed a bajillion times. Search for p90x and you'll find some other threads.

        For example:
        http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...highlight=p90x

        http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...highlight=p90x

        http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...highlight=p90x

        Good luck on the program.
        Thanks. It is turning into a broken record on this subject.
        www.ShankAZombie.com

        Comment


        • #5
          I typed "P90X" into the search box and nothing returned.

          I come here a lot. I know the game.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
            I typed "P90X" into the search box and nothing returned.

            I come here a lot. I know the game.
            Really? I just did the same thing, because I didn't believe you and got 2 of the threads listed above on the first page. Then I did the same search only on the health and fitness forum and got even more.

            Its fine if you forgot to do a search or something, but dont say that you did it and nothing came up.

            http://forums.officer.com/forums/sea...archid=2196790
            Last edited by brownj21; 10-25-2009, 04:22 PM.
            www.ShankAZombie.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by brownj21 View Post
              Really? I just did the same thing, because I didn't believe you and got 2 of the threads listed above on the first page. Then I did the same search only on the health and fitness forum and got even more.

              Its fine if you forgot to do a search or something, but dont say that you did it and nothing came up.

              http://forums.officer.com/forums/sea...archid=2196790
              Yep, I did it sitting in my office last night. Nothing relevant to P90X returned as a result. I did it again and low and behold it returned this thread that I started.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
                Yep, I did it sitting in my office last night. Nothing relevant to P90X returned as a result. I did it again and low and behold it returned this thread that I started.
                Yeah, this thread was the first on the list, probably since it is the most recent one with activity.
                But, if you look at the search results, as I said above, 2 of the 3 threads that marcusindc listed are right there on the first page.
                www.ShankAZombie.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
                  I typed "P90X" into the search box and nothing returned.

                  I come here a lot. I know the game.
                  hmm... your search function is broken.

                  It's cool though, it happens.

                  Either way, the program is great and has been used by numerous members. Good luck on the program and keep us updated on your results.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by brownj21 View Post
                    Yeah, this thread was the first on the list, probably since it is the most recent one with activity.
                    But, if you look at the search results, as I said above, 2 of the 3 threads that marcusindc listed are right there on the first page.
                    Well, my searcher didn't pull those up for me. No biggie. It's not relevant anyway. I was just commenting because I thought the program seemed fun and rewarding.

                    Enjoy.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm starting mine soon..although my arms are toned..I WANT THEM BIGGER..lol and i need more muscle weight

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        quick question about P90X, is it all done with body weight or do you need gym equipment??

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Highwaystreets1 View Post
                          quick question about P90X, is it all done with body weight or do you need gym equipment??



                          Have you seen the infomercials? They say plenty of times what is required. Have you done a search on this forum? The answer has been listed there more than once as well. Checked out the beachbody.com forums/website? Answer is there also.

                          At a minimum, you need at least a set of dumbbells (preferably several dumbbells or a good fast adjustable set) and something to do pullups from. OR you can substitute both of those with a set (or more) of resistance bands. Again, this is the minimum. There is more optional equipment.

                          No benches, barbells, etc needed.
                          www.ShankAZombie.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            i've actually never seen the infomercials, i only watch ones that involve coke head spokesmen...

                            anyways i was just thinking of trying it out with the missus but we really don't have any home gym stuff so was just wondering what we needed.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Highwaystreets1 View Post
                              i've actually never seen the infomercials, i only watch ones that involve coke head spokesmen...

                              anyways i was just thinking of trying it out with the missus but we really don't have any home gym stuff so was just wondering what we needed.

                              Stuff needed:

                              P90x kit.....all DVD's and nutrition guide
                              Pullup Bar
                              Weight Bands or Dumbells

                              you can get a really good set of bands off of ebay for like 40 bucks that make like 80lbs of resistance.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4190 users online. 252 members and 3938 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X