X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrayPatriot
    replied
    Originally posted by NORCOCOP View Post
    On and my 2 youngest now have the Swine flu. In any case my plate has been full as of late, but I will check in more .

I have managed not to let my self slide but all of the running I was doing to get my time down to what the CO wanted in exchange for his recommendation (sub 20 3 mile) really put a dent in my serious lifting regimen.

Sorry about your losses and I hope your kid is feeling better. I hope things are turning around for you in general.

I feel your losing weight killing a lifetime of working out. I run mainly 10ks but I am training for a marathon 5 months away and I have went from what I thought was a solid 216.5 to a not so solid 193... I am fading away to nothing

Originally posted by djblank87 View Post
    I'm still around. Had some personal issues pop up, but I do check in everynow and then. Hope everyone is doing all right.
    Hope all is well.

Leave a comment:

• djblank87
    replied
    I'm still around. Had some personal issues pop up, but I do check in everynow and then. Hope everyone is doing all right.

Leave a comment:

• JSD73
    replied
    Originally posted by NORCOCOP View Post
    JSD

I still check in every now and then but life has been hectic. I lost 2 grandmas, wife is pregnant, bought a new dog, was prpping for a possible enlistment in the Marine Corps (looks like that is not gone happen, local CO won't even submit the waiver for my age/6 months over max I even had a recomendation from the unit CO I wanted to drop into) in the past few months. On and my 2 youngest now have the Swine flu. In any case my plate has been full as of late, but I will check in more .

I have managed not to let my self slide but all of the running I was doing to get my time down to what the CO wanted in exchange for his recommendation (sub 20 3 mile) really put a dent in my serious lifting regimen. Luckily my mid life weight gains hit recently so I have not been losing all of my weight I worked so hard to gain
    I'm sorry to hear it, you take care of yourself before you worry about coming here brother. I hope all takes a turn for the better, and remember that everything happens for a reason....I'm a firm believer in that. I will say a prayer for your little one. If you need to vent, you can PM me, I know we are strangers on a forum but I'd do what I could .....just hang in there big guy.

Leave a comment:

• NORCOCOP
    replied
    JSD

I still check in every now and then but life has been hectic. I lost 2 grandmas, wife is pregnant, bought a new dog, was prpping for a possible enlistment in the Marine Corps (looks like that is not gone happen, local CO won't even submit the waiver for my age/6 months over max I even had a recomendation from the unit CO I wanted to drop into) in the past few months. On and my 2 youngest now have the Swine flu. In any case my plate has been full as of late, but I will check in more .

I have managed not to let my self slide but all of the running I was doing to get my time down to what the CO wanted in exchange for his recommendation (sub 20 3 mile) really put a dent in my serious lifting regimen. Luckily my mid life weight gains hit recently so I have not been losing all of my weight I worked so hard to gain

Leave a comment:

• GrayPatriot
    replied
    Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
    I hear ya, when it comes to new exercises and routines, I'm like a kid in a candy store.

The reason I asked about the ropes is I saw that elitefts.com had two ropes on sale, but the price is a bit out there, $109 for both...I may just invest in a sled at some point....then it becomes, where the hell do I drag it?
    I have a running sled I take to the school fields down the road from me, but the push sleds which you put the weight on I use from some buddies. You can't push my sled it has a harness that wrap around your body and it is used for sprints. The other sled you can use on a road and attach weights to it and push it until you cry like a little girl...

Leave a comment:

• brownj21
    replied
    I hear ya, when it comes to new exercises and routines, I'm like a kid in a candy store.

The reason I asked about the ropes is I saw that elitefts.com had two ropes on sale, but the price is a bit out there, $109 for both...I may just invest in a sled at some point....then it becomes, where the hell do I drag it?
    I dont know where you live, but you could always take a sled to a field or a park.
    Elite fts is always expensive, but they have some awesome, bomb proof equipment.
    Pm headed your way...

Leave a comment:

• JSD73
    replied

Leave a comment:

• brownj21
    replied
    hey brownj

I notice you have some climbing ropes in your backyard, I was looking at a couple of them on elitefts....do you find them worthwhile? what do you think about tying one to the back of an SUV and doing pulling/rowing with it as to mimic a sled drag.....

I really gotta go pony up and get a damn keg...there aren't enough days in the week for the workouts I want to incorporate.

I think the two things on my list right now is gonna be a wheelbarrow and load that mf'er up and a keg....
    I only use that one to climb, I havent tried it for pulling a sled/car or anything. But I am sure that it would work. My rope is a 2" manila rope that I ordered from a marine (think water, not militay) supply store. It was used, so I got it very cheap. It is about 30' long and I only paid $30 (shipping included). I also have one with an eyelet on the end that I got from a friend's gym that closed down. However, I have nowhere for it until I build my training building in the backyard (I will accept donations )

Getting a keg really shouldnt be hard. Check craigslist first. Honestly...thats where I got both of mine. Just do a search for "keg" on your local CL. I think I paid $20-25 each (cant remember the exact number).

The wheelbarrow thing is a technique that the Pit uses (Chck Liddell's training camp). Its good stuff, but I really dont need to add any more equipment (except a GHR). But I am with you....I always try to do too much and really end up screwing up results. That is why I am about to start a solid program that is built around WS4SB-I plan to stick with it for 3-4 months.

Leave a comment:

• JSD73
    replied
    hey brownj

I notice you have some climbing ropes in your backyard, I was looking at a couple of them on elitefts....do you find them worthwhile? what do you think about tying one to the back of an SUV and doing pulling/rowing with it as to mimic a sled drag.....

I really gotta go pony up and get a damn keg...there aren't enough days in the week for the workouts I want to incorporate.

I think the two things on my list right now is gonna be a wheelbarrow and load that mf'er up and a keg....

Leave a comment:

• brownj21
    replied
    Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post

I am basically running, and doing a lot of workouts with flipping tires, battling ropes, prowler type sled, burpees, and tabata workouts...

^ some good stuff right there.

Glad to see you still around GP.

Leave a comment:

• GrayPatriot
    replied
    Yeah you have it pretty much covered and I got your back on just about everything you say except the running comments . I love my running! Still read your posts and love your schooling of the young wannabees with their huge 13" biceps

No idea where DJ and Noro are. Whenever a crossfit thread starts up I am expecting DJ to respond but nothing so I am thinking he is taking a vacation from the place. Brown is probably posting less as he is a mod over at rosstraning

I am training for something coming up myself so I am off the weights, off crossfitfootball; I am basically running, and doing a lot of workouts with flipping tires, battling ropes, prowler type sled, burpees, and tabata workouts...

Whats up Presence? Still in love with the job or are you jaded yet?

Leave a comment:

• brownj21
    replied
    Don't stay away cause of me brother... I got a lot to learn too, after all, if it weren't for you and dj, I'd have avoided Infinite Intensity, which has been infinitely beating my a** .
    Yep, my favorite Ross book. Definitely some great material in there...more than enough to kick *** for a while.

Leave a comment:

• JSD73
    replied
    Don't stay away cause of me brother... I got a lot to learn too, after all, if it weren't for you and dj, I'd have avoided Infinite Intensity, which has been infinitely beating my a** .

Leave a comment:

• brownj21
    replied
    Im here brother. I appreciate you asking. I havent answered much because you guys (you and Will Brink specifically) pretty much have had it covered when I have checked in.
    I did answer the guy's question yesterday about pullups by mentioning my own success with Grease the Groove. Obviously its not the ONLY way, but it is a way that worked for me.
    I havent heard from djblank in a while, we were PMing fairly regularly. I hope he is doing well.

Leave a comment:

• Presence 1*
    replied
    I know what you mean... it seems to have turned into all these ads or articles or something...

I used to post here quite a bit but I got bored with it...

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5234 users online. 311 members and 4923 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X