300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the regular joe's.....

DJBlank, Gray Patriot, Brownj21, Norcocop.... where y'all at....everyone okay? Kinda missing y'all in this forum.
    Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

I know what you mean... it seems to have turned into all these ads or articles or something...

I used to post here quite a bit but I got bored with it...

Comment

Im here brother. I appreciate you asking. I havent answered much because you guys (you and Will Brink specifically) pretty much have had it covered when I have checked in.
      I did answer the guy's question yesterday about pullups by mentioning my own success with Grease the Groove. Obviously its not the ONLY way, but it is a way that worked for me.
      I havent heard from djblank in a while, we were PMing fairly regularly. I hope he is doing well.
      www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Don't stay away cause of me brother... I got a lot to learn too, after all, if it weren't for you and dj, I'd have avoided Infinite Intensity, which has been infinitely beating my a** .

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
          Don't stay away cause of me brother... I got a lot to learn too, after all, if it weren't for you and dj, I'd have avoided Infinite Intensity, which has been infinitely beating my a** .
          Yep, my favorite Ross book. Definitely some great material in there...more than enough to kick *** for a while.
          www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Yeah you have it pretty much covered and I got your back on just about everything you say except the running comments . I love my running! Still read your posts and love your schooling of the young wannabees with their huge 13" biceps

No idea where DJ and Noro are. Whenever a crossfit thread starts up I am expecting DJ to respond but nothing so I am thinking he is taking a vacation from the place. Brown is probably posting less as he is a mod over at rosstraning

I am training for something coming up myself so I am off the weights, off crossfitfootball; I am basically running, and doing a lot of workouts with flipping tires, battling ropes, prowler type sled, burpees, and tabata workouts...

Whats up Presence? Still in love with the job or are you jaded yet?

Comment

Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post

I am basically running, and doing a lot of workouts with flipping tires, battling ropes, prowler type sled, burpees, and tabata workouts...

^ some good stuff right there.

Glad to see you still around GP.
              www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

hey brownj

I notice you have some climbing ropes in your backyard, I was looking at a couple of them on elitefts....do you find them worthwhile? what do you think about tying one to the back of an SUV and doing pulling/rowing with it as to mimic a sled drag.....

I really gotta go pony up and get a damn keg...there aren't enough days in the week for the workouts I want to incorporate.

I think the two things on my list right now is gonna be a wheelbarrow and load that mf'er up and a keg....

Comment

hey brownj

I notice you have some climbing ropes in your backyard, I was looking at a couple of them on elitefts....do you find them worthwhile? what do you think about tying one to the back of an SUV and doing pulling/rowing with it as to mimic a sled drag.....

I really gotta go pony up and get a damn keg...there aren't enough days in the week for the workouts I want to incorporate.

I think the two things on my list right now is gonna be a wheelbarrow and load that mf'er up and a keg....
                  I only use that one to climb, I havent tried it for pulling a sled/car or anything. But I am sure that it would work. My rope is a 2" manila rope that I ordered from a marine (think water, not militay) supply store. It was used, so I got it very cheap. It is about 30' long and I only paid $30 (shipping included). I also have one with an eyelet on the end that I got from a friend's gym that closed down. However, I have nowhere for it until I build my training building in the backyard (I will accept donations )

Getting a keg really shouldnt be hard. Check craigslist first. Honestly...thats where I got both of mine. Just do a search for "keg" on your local CL. I think I paid $20-25 each (cant remember the exact number).

The wheelbarrow thing is a technique that the Pit uses (Chck Liddell's training camp). Its good stuff, but I really dont need to add any more equipment (except a GHR). But I am with you....I always try to do too much and really end up screwing up results. That is why I am about to start a solid program that is built around WS4SB-I plan to stick with it for 3-4 months.
                  www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

I hear ya, when it comes to new exercises and routines, I'm like a kid in a candy store.

The reason I asked about the ropes is I saw that elitefts.com had two ropes on sale, but the price is a bit out there, $109 for both...I may just invest in a sled at some point....then it becomes, where the hell do I drag it?

Comment

I hear ya, when it comes to new exercises and routines, I'm like a kid in a candy store.

The reason I asked about the ropes is I saw that elitefts.com had two ropes on sale, but the price is a bit out there, $109 for both...I may just invest in a sled at some point....then it becomes, where the hell do I drag it?
                      I dont know where you live, but you could always take a sled to a field or a park.
                      Elite fts is always expensive, but they have some awesome, bomb proof equipment.
                      Pm headed your way...
                      www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

I have a running sled I take to the school fields down the road from me, but the push sleds which you put the weight on I use from some buddies. You can't push my sled it has a harness that wrap around your body and it is used for sprints. The other sled you can use on a road and attach weights to it and push it until you cry like a little girl...

Comment

JSD

I still check in every now and then but life has been hectic. I lost 2 grandmas, wife is pregnant, bought a new dog, was prpping for a possible enlistment in the Marine Corps (looks like that is not gone happen, local CO won't even submit the waiver for my age/6 months over max I even had a recomendation from the unit CO I wanted to drop into) in the past few months. On and my 2 youngest now have the Swine flu. In any case my plate has been full as of late, but I will check in more .

I have managed not to let my self slide but all of the running I was doing to get my time down to what the CO wanted in exchange for his recommendation (sub 20 3 mile) really put a dent in my serious lifting regimen. Luckily my mid life weight gains hit recently so I have not been losing all of my weight I worked so hard to gain

Comment

Originally posted by NORCOCOP View Post
                            JSD

I still check in every now and then but life has been hectic. I lost 2 grandmas, wife is pregnant, bought a new dog, was prpping for a possible enlistment in the Marine Corps (looks like that is not gone happen, local CO won't even submit the waiver for my age/6 months over max I even had a recomendation from the unit CO I wanted to drop into) in the past few months. On and my 2 youngest now have the Swine flu. In any case my plate has been full as of late, but I will check in more .

I have managed not to let my self slide but all of the running I was doing to get my time down to what the CO wanted in exchange for his recommendation (sub 20 3 mile) really put a dent in my serious lifting regimen. Luckily my mid life weight gains hit recently so I have not been losing all of my weight I worked so hard to gain
                            I'm sorry to hear it, you take care of yourself before you worry about coming here brother. I hope all takes a turn for the better, and remember that everything happens for a reason....I'm a firm believer in that. I will say a prayer for your little one. If you need to vent, you can PM me, I know we are strangers on a forum but I'd do what I could .....just hang in there big guy.

Comment

I'm still around. Had some personal issues pop up, but I do check in everynow and then. Hope everyone is doing all right.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5336 users online. 305 members and 5031 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X