300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Push-ups with long arms

Any advice for push ups with long arms. I am trying to go all the way down, chest to floor; however, I can only go half way. Still a decent push-up, however, would like tips on how to get the chest to touch the floor for a person with long arms.
    "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Good question, I have long arms also, I would be interested in hearing any responses. It seems my long arms make a lot of exercises harder, including pull-ups and bench press.

Comment

The smarta55 in me has a bunch of answers for this one

I have 36" arms and have to go to the Big/Tall section to buy long sleeve shirts (yes --- I've been told I have gorilla arms). I can't imagine having problems doing push-ups no matter how long or short a person's arms are. Do you have elbow problems that keep them from bending? or wrist problems that won't support your weight at an angle?

I don't get it.

Comment

Bench press - I get. I get a better arm workout than chest with my long arms.

Comment

Widen your grip stance
          Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Do more push-ups. There is not much else to do. If it is hard then you need to do it until it is not. I am in the same boat. But I moved past push-ups and into pull-ups. Those were the worst for long arms like ours...and I weigh 225 to boot. The only way I got better at pull-ups was to do them until they were "easy". Now I can do push-ups till the cows come home. Work work work.

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
              Widen your grip stance
              I concur........also.....use gravity to your advantage. Dont put much effort going to the lower position so basically just drop (properly) and use more effort pushing back up.
              Dispatch: "All units be advised, he's on foot in a red dodge pick up truck."
              Me: "Ummm, control..."

Comment

Stretch Out Ur Chest,shoulders Etc, Or Ur Just Weak And Need More Practice

Comment

Make your chest bigger.

M-11
                  “All men dream...... But not equally..
                  Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                  but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                  for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
                    Widen your grip stance
                    Deputy Kent Mundell
                    Pierce County Sheriff
                    Dec 28th.
                    Gone but not forgotten...

Comment

Originally posted by mjw5678 View Post
                      Or Ur Just Weak And Need More Practice
                      \

LMAO!
                      Deputy Kent Mundell
                      Pierce County Sheriff
                      Dec 28th.
                      Gone but not forgotten...

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I widened my grip stance and it helped a lot. Appreciated.
                        "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

Go down when you get stronger. As your strength improves in the range of motion you are doing, you won't use as much energy doing so, and you will be able to expend more in new areas and angles.

You are doing well, now is the time to take the next step, and stay consistent in a routine. GL

Comment

Originally posted by MCSD241 View Post
                            Do more push-ups. There is not much else to do. If it is hard then you need to do it until it is not. I am in the same boat. But I moved past push-ups and into pull-ups. Those were the worst for long arms like ours...and I weigh 225 to boot. The only way I got better at pull-ups was to do them until they were "easy". Now I can do push-ups till the cows come home. Work work work.
                            I actually found that by doing pull-ups my pressing power increased. I just pull pul pull until the cows come home.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6320 users online. 358 members and 5962 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X