Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Krav Maga trainer is really good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnZ0sfOiuIM
    Last edited by arianna; 10-03-2009, 01:22 AM.
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face...you must do the thing you think you cannot do.

Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.

A great many people think they are thinking, when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.

this guy is crazy!

Comment

Good Lord that dude is no joke.

Comment

Damn is all I can say
        Call Me HR Cuff and Stuff

Comment

I'd like to see what he does with large frame guys.

Comment

Looks good when you have some friends in on the exhibition and they punch and leave their hand out there for him to do a technique on. Some the the gun take aways were cool and I believe it should be taught to law enforcement.
            Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

we were taught gun takeaways out here in IL

Comment

Pretty.

Let's see how he does with 40 pounds of Paraclete and a rifle slung on him.

That's how we roll.

M-11
                “All men dream...... But not equally..
                Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

He has alot of skills, but I would like to see it done on a larger guy that is not stopping his motion or fighting once the instructor starts his movements. But still very impressive.
                  Last edited by _GLOCK_; 10-10-2009, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Awesome, your right GLOCK It's better to train with all different body types.
                    I learned a lot that way Bigger or taller body's are harder to take there balance,unless you rough them up some

IE the Illegal Techniques

When i did DT Training, the Bigger Bodytypes try to make it difficult on you or using alot of muscle against you, so you HAVE to add some Illegal and Hidden techniques in there.

I think its better to train with resistance once you get used to all the techniques a lot of Black belts train like that to see what there lacking on

Just my input
                    "Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure"~ Don Wilder

Comment

If you know and are highly trained in any defense tactic it's fun to watch.

At the end of the day this stuff was staged against non hostile people in a controlled enviroment.

Comment

I'd like to learn this stuff.

We did some training on gun take aways about a month ago, and despite the techniques they kept teaching about taking the gun away I kept doing that and putting the guys on the floor too. I just kind of made it up as I went, but after watching this I was doing something very similar to what the guy in the video did. That sparked my interest because I read once that krav maga is based on ordinary movements that come to a person rather than procedural movements that a lot of martial arts teach.

Comment

It looks like a few of his techniques were aikido in form. Fun martial art, I'd love to learn Krav, it's amazing to me how little people have heard of it. Speaking of joint manipulation, I'm a pretty big dude, not huge but 6' 225lbs, and to have a little 120lbs woman bring me to my knees it's humiliating and humbling at the same time , pretty fun stuff.

Comment

Joint manipulations do not work on people who are much stronger than you. Additionally they take a long time to learn and perfect. Krav is a good style but since it was designed for military use it is not that great for LE. The gun take aways are good but the style is designed for a person to front kick an opponent away then shoot them twice in the chest. This is good when you want to kill people......just like they do in the military. Sorry but in Law Enforcement we can not kill everyone who resist arrest.

Regarding the Krav techniques being so dangerous that the instructor has to stop......well that goes for most every style of martial arts out there. Demonstrations are rigged for an outcome and not realistic.

Once again I wish cops trained more and I think the gun take aways are great from Krav but the over all style is not any better then most anyother style.
                            Last edited by Jiu-Jitsu Cop; 10-28-2009, 06:47 PM.
                            Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Nice! I have been interesting in finding out more about Krav Maga. From what I saw in the video a majority of those techniques I have seen are taught in Hapkido anyway, including the gun disarms, and even a couple looked like Aikido. I surmise that it must be more important who you train with, and how, and how hard you train.
                              Last edited by Cold Rodear; 10-28-2009, 10:05 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6259 users online. 312 members and 5947 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X