300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running with Duty Gear -Boots

I want to start running with duty gear:full belt (without my gun), BDU pants, and boots - What style of duty boots do you recommened to simulate a 1/4 mile foot chase with respect to a person with low arches? (5.11 Tactical, etc.)My training already consists of 3 miles with my Brooks running shoes.

Thanks.

Well when your working midnight and have some down time run alil then. I dont see the point of running with all that crap on. Thats your decision though. If your running on a consistant basis already I am sure you probably dont have to much to worry about.

Comment

I'd stick with the running shoes and leave the duty belt at home. Your knees will thank you. If you want to occasinally run some 1/4 mile sprints with full gear on to get a feel for it, that should be ok but I would not do it all of the time.
      It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Just get a weighted work-out vest and wear running shows. Don't run in your boots except when you have to. Your feet, knees, and hips will thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by ifp123 View Post
          IWhat style of duty boots do you recommened to simulate a 1/4 mile foot chase with respect to a person with low arches? (5.11 Tactical, etc.)
          Thanks.

To answer your question, I wear Bates boots everyday and I feel like I could run a mile or two in them, to me they are very comfortable.

When I was at FLETC, I missed the bus from the Firing range and ended up running like a mile or so back to my dorm room in full duty gear and duty boots (bates) it wasnt that bad. It was hot as H**L but it didnt hurt my feet. If I was you though I would just stick to reg. running shoes.

Comment

Running in gear is defintely tougher, and trains you for those times when you will have to run in full gear, furthermore it will make regular running seem easier. However, I would not run like that all the time.

Comment

Rocky boots are the best, in my opinion.
              Last edited by Compton Cowboy; 10-12-2009, 03:36 AM.

Comment

I wear Danner brand boots. Being in the army we do alot of ruck marching/running in heavy gear. These boots have been great. Like everyone said though; "dont over do it". You will just destroy your knees and feet.

Comment

Originally posted by _GLOCK_ View Post
                  Running in gear is defintely tougher, and trains you for those times when you will have to run in full gear, furthermore it will make regular running seem easier. However, I would not run like that all the time.
                  running ??? you MUST still be young !!!! nothing beats the speed of sound ( "newbie" screaming over the radio for back up!) or 1,050 fps +/- ( speed of my 180 gr,JHP .40 caliber round! Carry 60 rounds before the 870 comes out)

you are smart to advise that running in gear isn't a good choice- steady exercise with proper work out gear and good work out sneakers is best......
                  "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

[>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                    Last edited by _GLOCK_; 06-01-2012, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ifp123 View Post
                      I want to start running with duty gear:full belt (without my gun), BDU pants, and boots - What style of duty boots do you recommened to simulate a 1/4 mile foot chase with respect to a person with low arches? (5.11 Tactical, etc.)My training already consists of 3 miles with my Brooks running shoes.

Thanks.
                      Its not a good idea to do this regularly, but once in a while to get a feel for it is fine. The best option would be to get some properly fitted athletic orthotics that you can slide into your regular duty boots to fix up your pronation issues.

On a side note, be sure to fully air out your boots and give them 24-48 hours to recover from the abuse you'll put them through doing one of these workouts.
                      \

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2327 users online. 158 members and 2169 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X