300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Olympia Stream

For those interested, bodybuilding.com is streaming the Mr. Olympia contest...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2009_olympia_main.htm
    Deputy Kent Mundell
    Pierce County Sheriff
    Dec 28th.
    Gone but not forgotten...

Wow, I can't believe Jay Cutler got it back. He looks better than ever, even the years he won. But I think Branch Warren was in even better shape. Everyone better watch out for Branch next year. He jumped from a best 8th place a few years ago and and from 12th place last year, to 2nd this year.

Can anyone give me a video link to the Johnny Jackson/Ben White power lifting competition?

Comment

Go to wannabebig.com or powerliftingwatch.com both sites have write ups and links for the Jonny/Ben deal. Be sure to look for Stan coming out and calling them out next year.

Comment

Jay was looking rather LAWRGE and more cut up than ever. Big jump for Branch Warren. Good to see some new folks taking the top 5. Markus Ruhl is always a favorite but placings are always really high.
        Deputy Kent Mundell
        Pierce County Sheriff
        Dec 28th.

Comment

I'll take Dorian Yates any day..the density, muscularity, vascularity...second to none....pure freak!

I won't knock any of these guys but I'd like to see more of a move toward aesthetics rather than just sheer mass, but the fans demand freakish size over balance.
          Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
            I'll take Dorian Yates any day..the density, muscularity, vascularity...second to none....pure freak!

I won't knock any of these guys but I'd like to see more of a move toward aesthetics rather than just sheer mass, but the fans demand freakish size over balance.
            For his time, Dorian was incredible. That said, I think its just more motivating to see whats possible as far as freakish size, etc. Im more partial to Jay Ronnie, and Branch.
            Im happy to see the GH gut fad going away. Markus Ruhl was the closest thing to the big gut syndrom and even he looked 100% better.

As far as aesthetics and balance, nobody could touch Shawn Ray....

Freak = Ronnie Coleman... No one will beat that!
            Deputy Kent Mundell
            Pierce County Sheriff
            Dec 28th.

Comment

Aesthetics, hmmm, Flex Wheeler comes to mind and for anyone who knows the old timers, Bob Paris and if you mention Shawn Ray, you have got to mention Lee Labrada.

Yes, Ronnie is a true genetic freak no doubt and stronger than a brahma bull ....lets not forget Jean Pierre Fux....

Comment

No matter what changes in Bodybuilding, we can all agree Arnold IS Bodybuilding.
                Deputy Kent Mundell
                Pierce County Sheriff
                Dec 28th.

Comment

Originally posted by Tacticool View Post
                  No matter what changes in Bodybuilding, we can all agree Arnold IS Bodybuilding.
                  Well said.
                  No one is without answers except he who asks no questions. (Unknown)

Comment

Mehh, Arnold put it on the map, but he had a HELLUVA supporting cast. I'll always admire Arnold's physique, truly incredible, but I love alot of the old timer's physiques. Bertil Fox, Frank Zane, Franco Columbo, Mohammad Makkawy, Samir Bannout, big Lou Ferrigno... he got better with age, Sergio Oliva, Serge Nubret (aesthetic as all get out)...and the list goes on.

Arnold's charisma and drive put BBing out there, he'll be the king for a long time to come.

Comment

This truly the best physique I think Cutler ever put together, His X frame, mass and cuts were great.

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
                        Mehh, Arnold put it on the map, but he had a HELLUVA supporting cast. I'll always admire Arnold's physique, truly incredible, but I love alot of the old timer's physiques. Bertil Fox, Frank Zane, Franco Columbo, Mohammad Makkawy, Samir Bannout, big Lou Ferrigno... he got better with age, Sergio Oliva, Serge Nubret (aesthetic as all get out)...and the list goes on.

Arnold's charisma and drive put BBing out there, he'll be the king for a long time to come.
                        Frankie Zane without a doubt has always been my fav Mr. Olympia....To me, his physique is exaclty what aesthetics is about.

Comment

Originally posted by thecongo View Post
                          Frankie Zane without a doubt has always been my fav Mr. Olympia....To me, his physique is exaclty what aesthetics is about.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Aesthetics with size!!! Some times a guy may have aesthetics but he is to small, I mean this is bodybuilding right, sorry Frankie fans. Someone with all get out asethetics plus size and could stand in any olympia line-up without a doubt the greatest LEE HANEY!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by _GLOCK_ View Post
                              Aesthetics with size!!! Some times a guy may have aesthetics but he is to small, I mean this is bodybuilding right, sorry Frankie fans. Someone with all get out asethetics plus size and could stand in any olympia line-up without a doubt the greatest LEE HANEY!!!!!!!
                              Lee is also one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Friendly, down to earth, honest man. He's also a minister I recall, and does a lot of work with kids, etc. Nothing like the self absorbed "modern" athlete often found in bbing and other sports today.
                              - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5474 users online. 301 members and 5173 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X