Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power90 / P90X

Hey all,
    I'm looking to buy a P90 or P90X setup, was wondering what the best would be for me - I'm not overly "buff" but can hold my own - haven't done much workout routine since graduating from skills last summer, so not really "in shape" as far as push-ups, crunches, pull-ups, etc.

I gotta get back into a workout routine and figured an hour a day in front of P90 or P90X would do me good. Any tips or recommendations?

Thanks
    -MN85

Do a search, there is a thread with lots of info from people who have done/are doing the program.
    www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

i started it before labor day. its intense. but after labor day i put it off a becuase i was interviewing with many agencies and filling out applications.

It takes a lot of determination. I am actually starting it this weekend all over again.

Comment

P90X. I started at 191 lbs. and 23% body fat. Just before my 60 day pictures I was 172 and 16% body fat. It will lean you out. I tweeked my lower back with 2.5 weeks left, and had to sit out a 1.5 weeks. I'm working now on building muscle with my own routine. It helped me lose my spare tire.
        Most people fail because they trade what they want MOST, for what they want at the MOMENT.

The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked, WHO can know it?
        -Jeremiah 17:9

Is it any surprise that cops don't trust anyone?

Comment

Here is a simple formula to use that will work without fail. Go out and buy a heart rate monitor. Then start working out for 30 minutes a day at 70% to 85% of your max heartrate doing cardio exercises, biking, running, swimming.

An easy way to figure your max heart rate is to minus your age from 220, ie- a 30 year old would have a max heart rate of 190, 220-30=190, so your target heart rate zone would be (70%)133bpm to (85%)161bpm.

After 2 weeks of going 30 minutes bump it up to 45 minutes for 2 more weeks then go to 60 minutes. You should workout a minimum of 4 days a week and idealy you should shoot for 6 days. Remember to mix it up too. Don't just run for 6 days. Mix in a bike or elipictal workout or a swim so you are not burning the same muscles all the time.

This routine combined with a reasonable/smart diet will help you shed the pounds and keep you in good shape and more importantly help you keep the weight off. Too many fad diets let you lose weight quickly but as soon as you are off the diet, the weight comes back and then some.

I run triathlons and have been a physical fitness nut for at least 20 years now and I have seen this simple formula help more people lose weight and keep it off than anything else. It's easy to fit a 30 to 60 minute workout into your day. Most people can knock it out first thing in the morning.

PM me if you want more info or have any questions. I love talking PT!!!

Comment

It doesn't matter what you do. Go outside and enjoy nature every day, or try a very hard program like P90X, you just need to develop a habit.

Good luck and stick with it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3094 users online. 185 members and 2909 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X