300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perfect weight and body

Ok im trying to get in shape to finally be a cop, or at least to try to be a cop.In 2008 jully i was 260 pounds (oh yea im 5.8 and im 21) now to this date ive lost pounds all the way to 182.I still got that tire around my stomach and some lose skin in my belly, but anywayz I whent to the doc's ofice he told me I should be around 160 to 170 pounds. Now my question to you guys, is should I ceap losing weight to 160 before i start making muscles or should I start making them right now? I go to the gym 3-4 days a week, and run walk mix 20 min (2 miles) on the mill some other cardio machine for 15 min and then some weights some days for legs and stomach and another for upper body and back. I just whana be in perfect shape for when the cop hiring comes around because I cen't handle the running that good I get tired to fast some people tell me i dont breath right. But what should i do to get in perfect condition and the breathing. Thnx guys

Wow. Where to start...first, your doctor is a moron, find another one.

You need to devote three to four days a week of weight training, muscle burns fat...add in HIIT training about two days a week for fat loss. Get your diet in order, it may help if you post a typical days diet and for God's sakes, there is no "perfect" condition. Some people are made for endurance, some are super fast runners, others are strong as an ox, do the best you can, know your limitations and work a bit to improve as much as you can.

I'm not going to give you advice on jogging as it's not my forte', there are others on here who can tell you how to build up your endurance for that, if that is what you want.
    Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

WOW spelling ,grammer start there

Comment

Originally posted by jorgeo View Post
        Now my question to you guys, is should I ceap losing weight to 160 before i start making muscles or should I start making them right now? ... I just whana be in perfect shape for when the cop hiring comes around because I cen't handle the running that good I get tired to fast ... But what should i do to get in perfect condition and the breathing. Thnx guys
        I've been sitting here for five minutes trying to think of something witty to say. Instead, I'm just staring at the screen in astonishment.

I hope I've made enough muscle when my cop hiring comes around.

A serious answer is to do whatever it takes to pass the fitness standards. If your only (physical fitness) goal is to become a police officer, run until you can do the mile and a half, stretch until you do the sit and reach, etc.
        Last edited by Item9; 09-16-2009, 05:24 AM.

Comment

If you don't have strong sentence structure and correct spelling when it come's time for the written test, then you wont even make it to the PAT with any department.

Congrats on the weight loss, that in itself is an amazing accomplishment.
          I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

Comment

Along with getting in shape, you need to start taking some classes at your local college, specifically English. You will never pass the written test.
            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by mjw5678 View Post
              WOW spelling ,grammer start there
              WOW. How about you before ding someone and their spelling ability, or lack thereof, you learn the proper way to spell "grammar."
              Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

yea i know my grammar sucks i dont have time to go take classes at college or extra cash would books from the library help me out that is if they have any about grammar help?

Comment

I am sure you could buy a few English Comp books to brush up. In fact no need to get college level ones. Just look in high school level books for folks who home school so you get the book and answer key together. Maybe look into a local writers club, I am sure there would people who would help with you G R A M M A R and sentence structure.

I find it way easier to run when I listen to a cadence CD, I run in the basement at work and put in a Marine Corps cadence cd and run. It is good for medium pace running from 5-7.5 miles per hour. I find it hard to do the cadence when I am at 8 MPH or so but I only sprint in minute or so increments so it is not too big or a deal.

I would recommend setting goals for surpassing the exit standards instead of aiming low and just trying to eek out a bare minimum entrance PFT. I am considering a re enlistment my self and have not ran since the academy (6 +years) I have got my run up to 4 miles in the past month and max the rest out (pll ups and situps). That way I am not worried about the physical stuff when there is more important stuff that could save my life later on to be learned...

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                    WOW. How about you before ding someone and their spelling ability, or lack thereof, you learn the proper way to spell "grammar."
                    guess you missed the sarcasm with that one,

Comment

Man, you all are being a little harsh. There is always more than one way to say something. You all as officers should know that better than anyone. We don't know the background on this young man and you all are criticizing him and not being supportive at all. We should maybe think of a better way to offer our help than being a little harsh. Just a thought!
                      Graduated Clayton Academy: Nov. 17,2009

Hired: Dec. 4, 2009

Comment

thnx for that one

Originally posted by austratman23 View Post
                        Man, you all are being a little harsh. There is always more than one way to say something. You all as officers should know that better than anyone. We don't know the background on this young man and you all are criticizing him and not being supportive at all. We should maybe think of a better way to offer our help than being a little harsh. Just a thought!

Comment

Originally posted by austratman23 View Post
                          Are you for real!??? I thought this post was a joke when I first read it and the second time I read it I was convinced...

Originally posted by jorgeo View Post
                          I just whana be in perfect shape for when the cop hiring comes around

Comment

damn northerners...haha
                            Graduated Clayton Academy: Nov. 17,2009

Hired: Dec. 4, 2009

Comment

to all of you that gave me some help on what i need to do thnx to the ones that are hating dont even know why ur wasting ur time here tiping and hating on me dont u have somthing else to do? if u guys are cops (the ones hating) no wonder most of the people hate cops people like you give cops a bad name

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4610 users online. 281 members and 4329 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X