Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trust me when I tell you this. The people in shape and yourself have no difference when doing something new. The speed for someone in shape may be faster then you, but trust me you will get there asap if you stay with it. Don't feel intimidated by it. One month from now you will feel like a new person. Also because you (say) you are a little heavy, you will drop weight faster then say someone in shape. This will keep you very motivated when 3+ weeks in your clothes are all lose on you.

Like Nike says- Just Do It!!!

hey thanks. i'm really excited! i'm going to take a corrections officer test and i really need to get in shape.

Comment

Good Luck and report in every week. Thats what I did with this forum when I started a running program. Lot of great guys/gals on this forum that will support you as well.
      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...l_butt_lift.do

I want this!!
        "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
        Not Yet Visited: 16
        Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

I just ordered the program from the website, should be here sometime next week hopefully. I'll let you know how I am after my first week, something tells me I am going to be a little worse for the wear.
          “The Blue Book says we've got to go out and it doesn't say a damn thing about having to come back.”

-Captain Patrick Etheridge, U.S Life Saving Service

Comment

ok wow. i just did my first fit test and omg it was intense. now i know why they named it insanity lol. i joined a gym and have been going for a month 5 days a week. i'm really out of shape at 50 lb over weight and 31% body fat. i started doing 20 min of cardio on the eleptical and am now doing 35 min. after that i do 30 min on different weight machines which i have slowly been adding weight to as needed. there is nothing in that gym that could compare to this program. i watched though some of the other workouts and i can honestly say i'm scared lol. but im going to stick to it as i need to get in shape for a corrections officer test. i'll keep you guys updated and a tip for anyone doing this: after you work out soak in a hot tub or a hot bath.

Comment

oh also i am using hydroxycut hardcore which is a little weird for a girl but it makes a huge difference in how far i can push my self.

Comment

Originally posted by BaseballBabe View Post
                Me too, but I don't think my wife go for it.

Originally posted by jecookcounty View Post
                oh also i am using hydroxycut hardcore which is a little weird for a girl but it makes a huge difference in how far i can push my self.
                I'd be careful with that stuff after last year's recall.
                Last edited by k9education; 02-06-2010, 03:58 AM.
                Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them.

Comment

after the recall they adjusted the formula. they say you can take up to 3 at a time but i only take 1. the formula before the recall gave people red poop which gives you a sign right there that it wasnt going through the liver correctly. they have fixed the problem and it really does help you you that last bit of energy. i dont think it burns calories for you but i can see how you would burn more because you can push you self harder.

Comment

I am halfway done with week five, the recovery week. It is very, very intense!

Comment

So I completed the fit test and day 1, week 1 cardio plyometric circuit. This program is not a joke..it's hard. I'm going to have to at minimum take today off to let my calves recover.
                      “The Blue Book says we've got to go out and it doesn't say a damn thing about having to come back.”

-Captain Patrick Etheridge, U.S Life Saving Service

Comment

It doesn't get any easier. Right now I just started week six, and have to find that happy medium between working out and wearing 70 pounds of gear all day. It just makes life interesting.

Comment

I am finishing up round two of P90X and looking forward to doing Insanity. Glad to hear so many good reviews. Thats the main reason I became a Beachbody Coach was because the programs work...plus the 25% discount is nice as well. Shaun T is also a great instructor. Look forward to sharing my results.
                          Shane513
                          Team Beachbody Emerald Coach
                          http://www.BeachbodyCoach.com/Shane513

Comment

Originally posted by OregonDirtbiker View Post
                            My muscular strength is pretty good right now, and I have been weight training 3 days a week for a few months. I really need something to get my cardio back up to an acceptable level, and running just isn't my favorite thing to do.

Will this program just tire you out so much you won't have the energy to lift a few days a week? I am really interested in starting this! I was curious how many days a week do you exercise in this program?
                            I have been doing both P90X (lifting) and Insanity (Cardio) for a few weeks now. I am in pretty good shape, so I am able to do both even on the same day. For instance, I did pure cardio (Insanity), then did shoulders and arms (P90X) on the same day. Give yourself some time to rest after the insanity workout and you should be fine to do a few days of lifting. I was not able to do that at first, but as I got in shape it was alot easier to do. I HIGHLY recommend both DVD sets. I am not following the workout schedule to a T, but I am finding a good balance between cardio and lifting. If only I can work on my diet

Comment

Gonna order INSANITY myself and start April 1st I believe. I'm in very good cardio shape so should be interesting for sure
                              Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

just did the fit test.. Im not in bad shape ie: 1.5 mile in 10min and rep around 285 on bench.. but this is going to be a killer workout. Just keeping yourself motivated seems to be the hardest part.. Anyone who is a real fitness freak have any ideas on how to go about this workout while getting ready for an academy? should I just do the 6 day a week plan or should like look to add in a few days of running as well. Thanks for the help
                                Hired !!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2703 users online. 131 members and 2572 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X