Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a little sore in my lower back and my legs are sore. Just from the fit test I have not done stage one workout but I will a little later.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBig54 View Post
      is INTENSITY striclly to burn calories and extra fat? Or can it help muscle growth and overall strength? Is it functional strength?
      To answer your question, INSANITY focuses mainly on cardiovascular strength and endurance. But you are also doing a lot of upper-body toning and strengthening exercises using your own body weight.

You may not get body-building strength like you would just power-lifting weights, but you get something far more important: Excellent cardiovascular stamina and good muscle tone as well as strength. With that, you have a great foundation if you do want to start lifting heavy, and you'll be able to run circles around those power-lifers that have to rest for 20 minutes in-between sets.
      "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

Comment

Hey Chevy, thanks for the answer. I'm not looking to turn into Jay Cutler, the bodybuilder. I just want to know that if I get into a scuffle int he Jail, or what i get out onto the street, will I be able to successfully handle myself, barring skill and technique?

Sounds like it's something I would be interested in.
        Lincoln County Correctional Officer

Comment

I do believe that I'm actaully going to start over again. That first week...I'm going to treat as a warm-up week.

I echo what others have said...this workout ain't no joke!
          "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

Comment

Did stage one today after the fit test and I am tried. I could not do some of it but I did what I could do and I feel like I had a good workout. Some of the jumping around is way out of my coordination level. I guess comes with time

Comment

Hey Marcus, I've got a couple of questions about Insanity.

1) Does Insanity require any equipment like P90x does?

2) Can I do insanity on carpet? I don't have any work-out area other than the space in the living room as I'm limited to a small apartment.

3) How stringent is the diet plan for Insanity vs P90x.

Comment

Originally posted by RCKoutWurGLKout View Post
                Hey Marcus, I've got a couple of questions about Insanity.

1) Does Insanity require any equipment like P90x does?

2) Can I do insanity on carpet? I don't have any work-out area other than the space in the living room as I'm limited to a small apartment.

3) How stringent is the diet plan for Insanity vs P90x.
                I can answer 2 of 3. No equipment is needed but a waterbottle/ I do my workout on carpet, however I feel like I am starting to form turf toe.

Comment

Well, I guess I should rephrase it to just "how stringent is the diet plan" because while I don't eat unhealthy, I don't have a strict diet either. I'm just trying to find something that won't require me to go out and have to buy a bunch of crap I don't normally buy. Thanks for the heads up, Bama.

Comment

I'm sitting here looking at the guide that came with Insanity, called Elite Nutrition.

First, it tells you how to calculate the number of calories that you're body needs per day.

The meal plan is broken up into 5 meals a day:
                    Breakfast
                    Mid-morning snack
                    Lunch Time
                    Afternoon snack
                    Dinner

The book has 10 different meals to choose from in each category, as well as a breakdown of the calories, protein, carbohydrates, fat, and fiber, as well as how to increase them if you need to.

Most of the meal look normal. Peanut butter toast, veggie omelets, things with yogurt, sandwiches, salads, chicken and beef, ect. It tells you what you need, and a rough how to make it.

It's alot like the P90x diet plan really. I have that around here somewhere too. Designed to get you eating healthy and right.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaCounty View Post
                      I do my workout on carpet, however I feel like I am starting to form turf toe.
                      Wear shoes. Trust me, you need the support

Comment

for as the meal plan I have lost a lot of weight lately by eating at subway and cutting back as much as I can on the coke zero. Drinking more water.

Far as the turf toe I do wear shoes when I do it. Today I did the second stage of the workout and I got dizzy of course I might not have wait long enough after lunch. So I tapped out.

I don't know about some of you but the jumping is killing me. I bet I look like a fool jumping around or I should be more honest and say trying to jump. I can't jump worth a flip.

Comment

wow keep us updated!! Also how much did it cost you?

Comment

It's about $40 dollars a month for three months with a split payment plan. The first month is about $60 with shipping. All together it'd probably be about $140 or 150. Not sure

I love it, but I've yet to be able to do a straight week of it. My muscles are used to it now, but my left Achilles tendons is fussing. That and having an open wound on my leg is slowing me down, but I'm coaxing my body into it.

I will say this...for only doing a few workouts a week, I'm already seeing improvements as far as my cardio goes. The warm-ups no longer bother my lungs or heart...just my legs

Comment

Look for the insanity workout program on ecrater.com or search it with google, then click the shopping tab at the top. it will give you a price comparison and i've seen it for $80 on ecrater.

Comment

Funny this got posted, I was looking at this program last week and decided to go ahead and grab it. I had ACL surgery in the beginning of the year and just got cleared so I need something to prepare me for the academy besides running.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2547 users online. 142 members and 2405 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X