300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this good or bad

Hey, what is up guys? Real quick question I have been working out hard since April. I am currently taking two scoops of protein in the am and two in the pm, with NO Black Powder before I train. I have recently had this problem the last couple of weeks I have been hitting the bench and shrugs hard. I normally do 5 sets of 5 on my bench and 3 of 12 on shrugs (with the smith machine). I am currently doing 315 5 of 5 on bench and 405 on shrugs. My problem I have been having is the day after I workout it fells as if I just started and I am sore. Is that good or bad? A trainer at my gym said it was good. I changed my bench up a little last night and did 225 5x’s and 275 5x’s for a warm up. For my 5 sets I did 315 5x’s, 325 4x’s, 335 3x’s, 375 2x’s, and 385 once. In addition I did 405 3 of 12 on shrugs. When I got up this morning, I was sore. Do you guys see a problem or is this normal?

soreness is NOT an indicator of a good workout...its a sign that you arent' eating enough to recover fully.

if you aren't willing to up your calories, try contrast showers.....theres different methods, google it and find one that works for you

FYI, those NO supplements are a waste of money.

Comment

Soreness is an indicator of lactic acid buildup, not an indicator of a successful workout.

Being sore after a hard workout is perfectly normal, being sore for an entire week workout after workout is not normal and would be an indicator of poor recovery as well as other factors.

You do realize there are more than just benches and shrugs don't you?
      Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73;1950376/

yeah...you should be doing at least 5 different types of curls everyday too!!

i think his issue w/ soreness is just when he does bench/shrugs specifically and not when he does the rest of his routine......at least i hope thats what he meant

Comment

The correct term for the soreness after a workout is called Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness...or DOMS. Just so you know in case you decide to do further research.
          Dispatch: "All units be advised, he's on foot in a red dodge pick up truck."
          Me: "Ummm, control..."

Comment

Yes I do relize that, but I have been just going a little heavier on bench and shrugs because the gym I go to only has 60 lb db. The soreness just come when I bench and shrugs. I am not one of those guys that just does 4 different things everyday. I workout my entire body.

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
              Soreness is an indicator of lactic acid buildup, not an indicator of a successful workout.

Being sore after a hard workout is perfectly normal, being sore for an entire week workout after workout is not normal and would be an indicator of poor recovery as well as other factors.

2nd all of this.
              www.ShankAZombie.com

Comment

Soreness actually comes from minuscule muscles tears that fill with water. The soreness will be the worst 24-48 hours after the exercise. Lactic acid does cause tiredness, but is the not the cause of the soreness.

Muscle tears happen when muscle grows too quickly. It's not necessarily bad, but you will certainly have to give your self plenty of time for recovery.

Comment

Sore after 1 or 2 days is normal, as long as there isn't actual pain. The reasons are as these guys posted. Hydrate and make sure you're eating well.

Also, is there a reason you're using the smith machine? That eliminates the use of many stabliizing muscles that you could be working.

However, I'm confused. If you bench 375 there is no way you're new to working out...so you've never had this kind of soreness before?

Comment

I figured out what the why I was getting so sore after my workout. I was over doing it a little. Since my last post, I have switched up my workout from upper body one day and legs the other. I now I do chest and traps on day one, bri’s and tri’s day two, and on day three I do my legs, back and shoulders. I have no soreness what so ever.

Item9 I have been working out since April. The reason I have to use the smith machine is the gym I go to that is all they have. I know it sucks big time I would rather use the regular benches. In addition, the heaviest set of dumbbells they have are 60 lbs.

Thanks guys for all the info and help.

Comment

The smith machine causes injury by creating a fixed plane for your muscles to move on instead of allowing natural free range of motion. Be careful. I find trying to add more intensity when weight becomes too light and thats all they have. For instance, do pushups before doing Dumbbell presses or slow your reps down a bit. Good luck!
                      Dispatch: "All units be advised, he's on foot in a red dodge pick up truck."
                      Me: "Ummm, control..."

Comment

Originally posted by deke11 View Post
                        I figured out what the why I was getting so sore after my workout. I was over doing it a little. Since my last post, I have switched up my workout from upper body one day and legs the other. I now I do chest and traps on day one, bri’s and tri’s day two, and on day three I do my legs, back and shoulders. I have no soreness what so ever.

Item9 I have been working out since April. The reason I have to use the smith machine is the gym I go to that is all they have. I know it sucks big time I would rather use the regular benches. In addition, the heaviest set of dumbbells they have are 60 lbs.

Thanks guys for all the info and help.
                        soreness aside, your routine still needs an over haul.

Comment

Originally posted by Item9 View Post
                          Sore after 1 or 2 days is normal, as long as there isn't actual pain. The reasons are as these guys posted. Hydrate and make sure you're eating well.

Also, is there a reason you're using the smith machine? That eliminates the use of many stabliizing muscles that you could be working.

However, I'm confused. If you bench 375 there is no way you're new to working out...so you've never had this kind of soreness before?

actually he stated 405 as a max..... what do you bench on a free weight bench?

Comment

Originally posted by deke11 View Post
                            Unless the girls are THAT good looking there, find a new gym!

Comment

Originally posted by HeaVenS View Post
                              actually he stated 405 as a max..... what do you bench on a free weight bench?
                              On shrugs.

Which is still impressive. I wish I had those kind of numbers after working out for only 5 months.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2334 users online. 153 members and 2181 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X